Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my new Evols installed this morning and took them for their first test run. I thought i had them pretty close but after a while they started sqeaking. I raised the main chamber preasure and that seamed to help but it also raised my ride height. I also lost ride quality. I was just looking for someone that is around 175lbs that rides cross country and see how they setup their shocks. Evol pressure,Main Pressure, High and low compression , and rebound. I know everyone has their own prefence on settings . Just looking for a starting point . I can fine tune from there.. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im only 160 and run mx. but what i can suggest a good starting point is 45 main and a 160 evol. give or take 10lbs thats where people are. Ive heard of 120 in evol and like 20 in the main and i just cant even imagine that. 30lbs in the main it feels like your front ends diving everywhere. id guess you liked softer for the xc? Id say 40 main and a 150 evol for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i finially got them setup with the help from spince4hire.. And the loud squeaking was from the shock guards rubbing the shock body.. but they are great and after a little help very easy to setup..just make sure the settings are checked from the factory as mine were not the same from side to side and that was alot of my problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts