Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if it was time for me to upgrade suspension on my quad was would i get? I have been do research and have been hearing a number of different things. i hear fox is the newest and greatest thing since sliced bread. but i have also heard, they are the hardest to dial in ( if your new at racing ) I have heard that elka comes from the factory ready to ride built to your exact ride style and weight. what does everything think is the best shock for the money??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fox's are'nt hard to dail in, but you will need to check the air pressure often. Changes like temperture ect affect the air inside and change the pressure. Elkas are not the best out there. Many people actually get them revalved before they ride them. I have heard once you get them valved there good, but straight from the factory not so much. Pep's are what I run so I'm kinda bias here, but there custom built to your specs. It's a very small company (only two or three guys I think). So it takes awhile to get them built but I feel it's worth the wait. I've heard works are garbage, more of a stock replacement than an upgrade. Ohlins seem good, but I have'nt heard much about them so I really don't know. If your runnning stock arms then I would definatly look into stock shock conversions. They can be very good for less money than new shocks. Overall it's about how much you to spend and what kind of riding your doing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
fox are the way to go extremely easy to dial in n i never have to adjust air or check it. my quad sat for 3 months and the air pressure was still spot on

·
Registered
38 Posts
i run long travel elka elites that have been revalved and resprung by gt thunder. its all about how much money you are willing to spend. it will be the best investment that you will make.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do different shocks work better with different a-arms?? if so what do you guys think the best combo for around $2000 (just for the front) (i ride 80% mx, 20% trails)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts