Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my KFX about 2 months ago and the first mod I did was adding an HMF full exhaust. When I was installing the exhaust, I tried to remove some of the bolts on the rear plastics in order to lift them out of the way, but the bolts just spun. I was able to work around the problem, but I am going to be changing the intake soon, and I will for sure have to remove the plastics. It seems that the frame inserts that the bolts are threaded into are spinning inside the frame. Does anyone know a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had to put vicegrips on the frame rail and then use a impact gun to get the bolts out. Then I pushed JB weld down in the threads. Once it dried I just retapped the threads. The JB weld worked its way around and held the inserts still

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Eldridge Performance ATV @ Jul 4 2008, 06:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10201
I had to put vicegrips on the frame rail and then use a impact gun to get the bolts out. Then I pushed JB weld down in the threads. Once it dried I just retapped the threads. The JB weld worked its way around and held the inserts still
That's a good idea..never thought of that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts