Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had previously crashed my quad and bent the front tube on the frame.. how do i go about replacing it? is there some way to transfer the vin that's on my frame or get it switched? i'm pretty sure kawi wont warranty it because my left a-arm looks like someone hit it with a axe and the shock is touching the back of the a-arm..

·
Registered
420 Posts
do you no any good welders!they may be able to fix it!got to be good w/ aluminum though!or try and score a cheep frame on ebay!

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (FiremanEMS06 @ Feb 6 2009, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15982
i had previously crashed my quad and bent the front tube on the frame.. how do i go about replacing it? is there some way to transfer the vin that's on my frame or get it switched? i'm pretty sure kawi wont warranty it because my left a-arm looks like someone hit it with a axe and the shock is touching the back of the a-arm..
pics gotta see this what did you hit?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll post pics latter today.. but i hit a storm drain without a traffic grate over it.. il post pick of that too.. the vin number is on the frame. would i have to cut that out and weld it to the new one.. i havnt found any on ebay yet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

stress crack along weld, sorry for the bad photo.. looks worse in real life

shock shouldn't be touching the back of the a-arm

top a-arm

bottom a-arm

point of impact

·
Registered
40 Posts
holy sh-it that sucks a$$

·
Registered
420 Posts
holy wooter thats a pretty good bend did it stop you in your tracks?not hurt i hope thats probably beyond welding it could be done but probably not worth!you can get one on motosport.com for 771.48 if ya cant find one!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man that sucks. How fast were you going and how did you end up after it happend

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was doing a 4th gear wheelie before i saw it and tried to drop it back down and turn but i was a second too late.. it was in my neighborhood.. storm drain without a grate over it.. pretty much ran into a concrete hole.. the quad actually landed on top of me and herniated 2 discs in my back..

·
Registered
420 Posts
that totally sucks!like i said brand new frame on motosport.com 771.48 not a bad deal ill check around for a used one but so far no luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man that sucks I would of been so pissed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm beyond pissed.. the county doesnt want to pay for their negligence and im going to have back problems the rest of my life. laywers don't even want to help because "i'm not dead," according to many of them. if a kid fell in, it would probably be a different story. it's a shame but i need to start riding again

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if u live in FL.. remember this statue if u get pulled over. 316.2123 it states that u can ride on any unpaved street during daytime hours with a speed limit of under 35mph. it shuts cops up real quick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts