Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why would you want a 13. Everyone seems to say they're geared too low already. I've got a 15t on mine and it's still a little short w/18's.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Psychosis @ May 8 2007, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1780
Why would you want a 13. Everyone seems to say they're geared too low already. I've got a 15t on mine and it's still a little short w/18's.
Racing XC with 20" tires so I need to get 3rd gear a hair lower... not saying it will work, but it has for others. Where did you pickup your sprocket?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The KX450F sprocket works as well and pretty well every dealer will have a 13 and 15t hanging on the wall.

I run 18" tires on 8" rims and do track riding only so don't know a top speed. In stock form I never had to shift out of 4th gear w/stock gearing on high speed tracks which was horrible. W/the 15t it's a lot better but I still don't like the gearing for high speed tracks. Tighter tracks it's pretty nice though. Stock sprocket on rear as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am not sure what to do. I either need 2nd gear a little taller, or 3rd a little shorter. It would be easier to go up down a tooth in the front. maybe I'll try that. But I want to get a race under me stock first to get a better idea of where I'm at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts