Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, took my filter off my fuel intake and noticed some fine dust in the intake track.. Has anyone else noticed this? I ride in some dusty conditions, thats why I prefer foam, but haven't found a foam to fit the fuel intake yet.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there any way to stop it?

Im thinking about switching back to the stocker to prevent engine damage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you sure everything is connected up tight? I was out yesterday and found some very fine silt while riding. My outerwears was coated,but the filter was still pretty clean (I cleaned it anyway), and the inside of my intake was clean as a whistle. I can't see it getting anything inside unless something wasn't sealed somewhere. I would contact Steve at FUELATV and see if he has any ideas.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I ride in the desert and the dunes...I've never found any dust inside the tube. I'm sure you've already done so but make sure you've put enough oil on the filter and that all the clamps are secure.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, it was oiled.

I did notice that the filter doesn't go all the way to the end of the flange you bolt it on. there is like a small 2mm gap between the end of the filter and the base of the flange you bolt it too.

IT sucks, but if I have to go back to stock to save my engine I guess I will...

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Double check all of the connections of the intake setup. There should be no gaps. If everything is maintained properly and the filter is oiled well there shouldn't be anything getting into the boot.... We have not had any problems in the past with people getting dust into the boot of the intake.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
double checked everything, and silicond around all seams.

I think the issue might be that the filter wont go all the way down and sit flush agains the box. theres a 1mm gap between it and the box. I think that might be were the dust could get it.

some grease might help around the seal of the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts