Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has a map for the 4 mentioned above? I have a set of kx cams ready to go in but want to find the map first

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have the same mods with a dyno tuned map but im using the fci intake shouldnt matter!pm me your email and ill send it to you!

·
Registered
420 Posts
email sent!let me no how it works 4 you!

·
Registered
420 Posts
What do you mean by map??
when using a efi programmer most units have differant maps in the unit or also by downloading them like the pc3!depending on your mods you change maps to add fuel/or take away fuel!with the pc3 you can make a custom map using a dyno for maximum gains!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the map it will be a couple weeks before I have the time to get the cams in but ill let ya know how it works. I didnt realize the fci customs was better. Now I wish I would of went with theirs

·
Registered
420 Posts
should have gone pCV with the autotune. then no matter what you change it will change the map to compensate.
the auto tune is cool but pc3 with the right map is just as good less electronics and less of a chance of anything goin wrong!dude that dynoed my bike said it still doents get it as close as a dyno tune does and if you dont have a baseline map thats close to your mods then your still gonna need a tune!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the auto tune work with the 2008 or is it just the 2009 and up?

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
ononewheel what are your hp numbers with that setup?
when the guy dynoed it he had smoothing set on zero which gives you a lower reading than normal i got 39hp w/that if he had it set right id say im around 45+ im hoping to go back again and get a reading with smoothing on 4 or 5 thats what every other dyno sheet ive seen has it set to!but the bike pulls hard the cams gave me a huge mid range gain!

·
Registered
56 Posts
when the guy dynoed it he had smoothing set on zero which gives you a lower reading than normal i got 39hp w/that if he had it set right id say im around 45+ im hoping to go back again and get a reading with smoothing on 4 or 5 thats what every other dyno sheet ive seen has it set to!but the bike pulls hard the cams gave me a huge mid range gain!
That would be about right Ononewheel. Garrett at FCI dynoed my quad (they have the nearest dyno to me) and I pulled 44+ hp. With the FCI intake instead of my FUELATV intake I would be good for another 2 hp.

P.S. the map I use is the FuelATV map. It's posted here http://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/dyno-tuning-room/3328-power-commander-fuel-map-database.html

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I got the cams in today and the new tune. I think it is running lean. The header is getting red hot. Any ideas on what to do?
It's pretty much normal for the header to glow red on these quads. My stocker did it, and so does my Dasa, along with just about everyone elses. If you had it tuned, and the a/f ratio is correct, at about 13, then your not lean.

If your running ononewheels map for the FCI intake, but using a FUELATV intake, you might be a little lean, since the FCI flows more air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts