Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

Fuel Customs Intakes - TESTING on 10/29/07

10K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  dl11sec70dodge 
#1 ·
WE are finally getting some testing done on the new Fuel Customs Intakes. WE have 3 designs that are going to the dyno. All have a new custom designed intake tube for maximum flow. We will also be testing out the NMotion pipe at the same time. We are looking for some great numbers and I will Keep you all posted as we get the results!!!

PDR

The Graph:

See less See more
#2 ·
QUOTE (PDR @ Oct 27 2007, 08:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3975
WE are finally getting some testing done on the new Fuel Customs Intakes. WE have 3 designs that are going to the dyno. All have a new custom designed intake tube for maximum flow. We will also be testing out the NMotion pipe at the same time. We are looking for some great numbers and I will Keep you all posted as we get the results!!!

PDR
Sounds good man. Keep us posted on your results.

#5 ·
WEll after some long delays and final testing, the FCI pulled +2hp throughout the power band over the Fuel ATV intake. I will post dyno graphs by the weekend.

Pre-orders start next week and production will be done in a month. Time to get the best of the best in intakes, period.

PDR

#14 ·
With the FCI there are a few advantages:

- The A/F meter can be run inside the tube or outside the air tube, your choice. The FCI will provide a bung for this attachment that can be blocked off.

- The intake is adjustable. There is a insert in the back of the intake that can be removed to shorten up the intake. All bikes are different, the FCI takes this into account. You the customer chooses where you want the power exactly.

- Extremely large intake diameter that allows for future expansion. When you choose to upgrade to a larger throttle body, head porting, high compression this intake will be able to accommodate that.

- Simply more power.

- Available with and without an airbox.

Expected release date of the production model: End of April.

PDR

#19 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Mar 29 2008, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7728
well im not switching since i rather deal with fuel atv over fuel customs any day. but thats impressive. i think if i fuelatv use a different intake tube they would make those numbers better. I believe its just a z400 tube to be honest....
its an ltr-450 tube, which works awesome in this aplication,...........FUELATV & FCI are both very good options......but congrats to FUELATV for coming out quick with an awesome product that is the benchmark for the competition

#20 ·
The FCI tube is custom molded tube that NO-ONE else has. The FUEL ATV intake utilizes a LTR450 intake tube. FCI could have done the same but they wanted more, hence the better graph and intake system you see above. The FCI intake is being dubed the "big mouth". Everything on the FCI is custom designed, it does not reuse parts like the competitors. Everything is adjusted to gain the most HP period!!!!!

PDR

#25 ·
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7730
its an ltr-450 tube, which works awesome in this aplication,...........FUELATV & FCI are both very good options......but congrats to FUELATV for coming out quick with an awesome product that is the benchmark for the competition
So wait, I can buy a stock ltr-450 intake tube and put it on my kfx450 for some cheap hp?

#26 ·
QUOTE (BLU82 @ Mar 31 2008, 06:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7792
So wait, I can buy a stock ltr-450 intake tube and put it on my kfx450 for some cheap hp?
yes and no..........by the time u buy a ltr tube, clamps, air filter, some type of adaptor and other misc. stuff......and the time involved.........IT IS NOT WORTH IT................u end up with a half a$$, poor looking, decent performing intake like mine.....
no the ltr tube will not work with the stock air box

QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Mar 31 2008, 07:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7795
yes and no..........by the time u buy a ltr tube, clamps, air filter, some type of adaptor and other misc. stuff......and the time involved.........IT IS NOT WORTH IT................u end up with a half a$$, poor looking, decent performing intake like mine.....
no the ltr tube will not work with the stock air box
waiting to see the difference between my intake and the FCI.....may be upgrading in the future
MY BIKE IS @FCI RIGHT NOW.....thanks GARRET....ps tell the girls HI!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.