Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 kfx 450, when I turn the key the fuel pump doesnt come on. it turns over but wont crank. Is the fuel pump bad? or is it the relay for the fuel pump? anybody with a suggestion or idea of what it might be?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is your rollover sensor broken fallen off or stuck upsidedown? That can cause similar problems. And check all connections. Fuses. Im not sure witch relay is the pump but you can try switching them around and seeing if it turns the pump on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Mar 6 2009, 12:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16374
Is your rollover sensor broken fallen off or stuck upsidedown? That can cause similar problems. And check all connections. Fuses. Im not sure witch relay is the pump but you can try switching them around and seeing if it turns the pump on.

Thanks man. One question, wat the rollover sensor. I understood all the other stuff, but where is the rollover sensor at on the quad?

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's under the hood...a little black mechanism that automatically shuts the quad off if ti flips...it tends to jump off the bracket that holds it into place, zip tie it in..... you can look for another post here that has a picture of it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you look where your front fenders mount to its like \___/ and in the middle theres a bracket that comes off and the rollover sensor is hanging on that. If you shake it you can hear it swaying around. if u dont it might be stuck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16383
If you look where your front fenders mount to its like \___/ and in the middle theres a bracket that comes off and the rollover sensor is hanging on that. If you shake it you can hear it swaying around. if u dont it might be stuck.

Thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts