Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have full exhaust, open box and PCIII. I dug it out for a ride and it would not rap out. Anything over 1/2 throttle and it would fall on its face....... If I held it wide open, kiled it for about 5 sec. and turned it back on it would run fine till I let out????? It has no blink codes... Any ideas would be great...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Oct 4 2008, 12:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12549
Where did you get your fuel map? may not be getting enough fuel.
The map is custom from N-motion they used my ride to make the pipe they sell .... they said that they could not get the PCIII to lean out as much as they wanted.... it ran ok but I could tell it was "fat".......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Dubbs_ @ Oct 3 2008, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12546
I have full exhaust, open box and PCIII. I dug it out for a ride and it would not rap out. Anything over 1/2 throttle and it would fall on its face....... If I held it wide open, kiled it for about 5 sec. and turned it back on it would run fine till I let out????? It has no blink codes... Any ideas would be great...
I just recalibrated my tps it was down to .56 set it to .64 (as according to Yokley's mechanic) Going to test it tomorrow.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
alba exuast pcIII uni filter no lid.... idk if that helped you or not with the tps but my bike just did the same thing cut out at mid throttle and died when you stabbed the throttle it was at the shop for 2mounths... the fuel pump went bad on it... it still ran but we swapped a tank out from a nother bike and it ran fine if you got access to another tank i woulds try that....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
same prob....... I did notice that it was ok till it got to operating temp...... Im going to check my map and Im looking for a dif. tank/pump to try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (Dubbs_ @ Oct 6 2008, 05:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12606
same prob....... I did notice that it was ok till it got to operating temp...... Im going to check my map and Im looking for a dif. tank/pump to try.

It sounds to fat to me, I have the same problem if I change elavation to much, I lean it out by 10% on the high and med side... Works great for me....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*&^%$#@!!!!!!!!! new map and this thing is still kicking my but. Any one have any ideas what could be temp sensitive enough to make it do this. Runs good when its cold.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dude did you try swapping the tank... it will run good when its cold because the computer is telling the fuel pump 2 give it more fuel.. once it warms up 2 operating temp it will run like wooter.... um telling you i messed with my bike for months tryed everything and i got a new fuel pump... and its been running great ever since i tryd new maps everything even a new pc111 its the fuel pump from what you said its doing i can bet thats what it is i hope you have luck with fixin that cuz it sucks 2 have a broke bike.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was the pump... but a new one only lasted about 5 hours. I posted the whole story on kfx450hq

1 - 12 of 12 Posts