Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked further in my gas leak, i cant see it dripping while it is running, but the bottom of the tank around the fuel pump is still staying wet look. I ordered a O ring for it going to see if it may be an O ring first, but if it is the tank, do anyone know if they are making an oversized tank for the KFX450r yet? just wondering if anyone else has run into this, maybe it could be a cut oring or the tank? I know they had a recall on some of the 2008, where the tanks splits, but i checked at mt local dealer, and they said that it wasnt on my bike! any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Adam

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (bloomer450 @ Apr 7 2009, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16787
I checked further in my gas leak, i cant see it dripping while it is running, but the bottom of the tank around the fuel pump is still staying wet look. I ordered a O ring for it going to see if it may be an O ring first, but if it is the tank, do anyone know if they are making an oversized tank for the KFX450r yet? just wondering if anyone else has run into this, maybe it could be a cut oring or the tank? I know they had a recall on some of the 2008, where the tanks splits, but i checked at mt local dealer, and they said that it wasnt on my bike! any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Adam

I no last year i brought my kfx450 into the shop becuase i heard the 08 kfx450 had some short of a recall. i guess gas tanks were leaking and a leak of any type of gas is extremely dangerous. anyway they replaced everything (for free). maybe ask your local shop, see what they say.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See i did and that was a recall on some of the 08's but mine wasnt under the recall! i hope its not the tank, but if it is im going on for $100 more and getting the ims over size tank!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.