Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I got a stock kfx 450r the only thing Iv changed is the front sprocket to a 13t for woods riding. Im going to Little Sahara next month for the first time. Dont know what tire looking at the sand stars and the aerospeeds????? Also what size tire stock wheels but how tall???? Iv read about people droping a tooth in front because of bogging on hill climbs. Was thinking about putting the stock 14t back on for more top end but dont want bogging. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Dragit86 @ Sep 13 2008, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11868
Hello I got a stock kfx 450r the only thing Iv changed is the front sprocket to a 13t for woods riding. Im going to Little Sahara next month for the first time. Dont know what tire looking at the sand stars and the aerospeeds????? Also what size tire stock wheels but how tall???? Iv read about people droping a tooth in front because of bogging on hill climbs. Was thinking about putting the stock 14t back on for more top end but dont want bogging. Thanks
I would go with the 13 tooth in the front just so you can start out and do hill climbs in 2nd gear.

The sand tires I recommend is Skat-Trak extremes 21x12x8 in 8x9 in rims 6 paddle call Fullerton Sand Sports
714-484-5996

I paid 265.00 shipped for mine you cant go wrong with this setup!!!

Zach

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (NEVER ENOUGH @ Sep 23 2008, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12317
I would go with the 13 tooth in the front just so you can start out and do hill climbs in 2nd gear.

The sand tires I recommend is Skat-Trak extremes 21x12x8 in 8x9 in rims 6 paddle call Fullerton Sand Sports
714-484-5996
I paid 265.00 shipped for mine you cant go wrong with this setup!!!

Zach
I was just trying to recall the name of this company, need to give them a call today, your response worked out well for me

·
Registered
70 Posts
i've been thinking about getting those tires, the extremes. but i'm not sure if i should get the 21 or 20" and how many paddles i should go with. i already have a 15t front sprocket for more top end and i'm running 20" sand stars now. would a 21" make it bog too much with that sprocket? any advice?

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (AdaM @ Sep 24 2008, 12:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12379
i've been thinking about getting those tires, the extremes. but i'm not sure if i should get the 21 or 20" and how many paddles i should go with. i already have a 15t front sprocket for more top end and i'm running 20" sand stars now. would a 21" make it bog too much with that sprocket? any advice?
If you call the folks at Fullerton they usually ask some questions about your quad, HP, where and how you ride and make a recommendation on which setup will probably work best for you.

I have the 6 paddle padla brats on mine and I love them. One thing to note they are some roostin S.O.B.s and if someone is following you they will let you know about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Sep 24 2008, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12382
If you call the folks at Fullerton they usually ask some questions about your quad, HP, where and how you ride and make a recommendation on which setup will probably work best for you.

I have the 6 paddle padla brats on mine and I love them. One thing to note they are some roostin S.O.B.s and if someone is following you they will let you know about it.

I was there earlier this month with my Kawi.

I tried many differant tires and gearing there. I would highly recomend 6-paddle Skt Trak Haulers.

I use 21-12-8.00 on Douglas 8 x 8 Blue Lable wheels with 4-5 psi....

This setup worked awesome with the 13t in the front and stock rear......

·
Registered
420 Posts
i can get some nice sand tires cheap!skat trak hauler22x11x8 7 paddle 215.00 shipped thats for two tires others tires available too!any1 interested pm me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a kfx with the big three dasa, fci and pcv I have sand stars 22-11-10 right now with 13 front and up one on rear but need to gain about two lenght to catch my buddies raptor at the top of choke not him on it a 20lbs less then me rider. He gets me out of the hole and i just run out of hill to catch him. What would be best need to beat him will change tires if it will make the differance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It will turn those tires with a 14 ? You must start in first I thought I would need to gear down some more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts