Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys im New to the Forums, and need your help. My Brother Just bought a LTR 450, His Quad feels like it has more top end then mine. I feel like I need another gear when Im in 5th, What gearing should I do to make it more comparable, I have a PC, and a K&N with no lid..

Thanks For your help!

· Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (hakester @ Mar 5 2008, 06:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7025
Hey Guys im New to the Forums, and need your help. My Brother Just bought a LTR 450, His Quad feels like it has more top end then mine. I feel like I need another gear when Im in 5th, What gearing should I do to make it more comparable, I have a PC, and a K&N with no lid..

Thanks For your help!
I personally like my 15t sprocket up front. and left the rear stock. "for now" The kfx450 has great torque and pulls with a 15t just fine. I am going to mess with tire sizes and probably change the rear sprocket too eventually. But the 15t up front helps out a lot.

· Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (hakester @ Mar 5 2008, 04:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7025

Thanks For your help!

...just remember that if you make the gearing taller, you'll lose some acceleration, especially leaving the line. I don't recall needing another gear hammering up Olds hill in Glamis, or roosting around California city--but I do know that a few people opt for the 15t sprocket up front. Just my .02...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.