Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wired a switch to my fan so I can turn it on or off when I want or just run it all the time. Seems to keep the engine cooler. Let me know what you think....Good idea or bad idea. If its a bad idea let us know why. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
that would be nice to have it run all the time. but just be careful to not forget to turn it on when you're riding. that's the only bad thing about running it through a switch

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isent there a way to wire it to the key so it comes on when the key comes on? I was planing on doing the same thing. Switch would work and having fan on all the time is always a great idea.

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Feb 26 2009, 07:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16269
Isent there a way to wire it to the key so it comes on when the key comes on? I was planing on doing the same thing. Switch would work and having fan on all the time is always a great idea.
^+1 didn't think of that. that would be the way to go

·
Registered
420 Posts
change your antifreeze to engine ice brand it will keep your engine around 50 degrees cooler!or just change your fan sensor too a lower 1!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i dont believe engine ice does anything to be honest. Ive ran it and with a temp gun it was no different from the cheap stuff off walmart shelf's. Fan on all the time and a oil cooler and bigger rad are the best ways to keep the motor cool.

·
Registered
420 Posts
well havnt used in my quad yet but in my street bike and noticed a big differance in that!

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE (daytonpopo @ Feb 20 2009, 05:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16179
I wired a switch to my fan so I can turn it on or off when I want or just run it all the time. Seems to keep the engine cooler. Let me know what you think....Good idea or bad idea. If its a bad idea let us know why. Thanks
If you just unplug the thermostat on the back side of your cylinder then your fan is running all the time as long as your key is on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (teamDNS188 @ Mar 14 2009, 10:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16481
If you just unplug the thermostat on the back side of your cylinder then your fan is running all the time as long as your key is on.
hey i tried that and it worked but the FI/temp light stays on. not sure i want to run it like that cause then i won't know if it overheats or something. it's good to know that can be done though

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (daytonpopo @ Feb 20 2009, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16179
Try wetter water. It keeps it cooler and as long as your stay movin you don't need the fan all that much. If your riding trails then you would but I know when I'm running wide open it never comes on. I also have a 3M sticker that goes on the head to tell the temp and it works really good. Maybe a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (KFX450rRider @ Apr 1 2009, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16699
Try wetter water. It keeps it cooler and as long as your stay movin you don't need the fan all that much. If your riding trails then you would but I know when I'm running wide open it never comes on. I also have a 3M sticker that goes on the head to tell the temp and it works really good. Maybe a thought.
I run ww and I also ran a switch off the pink wire on the fan relay. If u leave the switch on,it will turn off with the key.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts