Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what size the handle bars are where the controls mount? I know the stock fat bars are 1 1/8 inch but I am about to mount some aftermarket accessories and want to make sure they are going to fit the bars. I am mounting the ROX hand guard mounts, a symtec grip and throttle warmer controller, and want to mount a Gunnar kill switch. From talking to the guys at ROX they told me that the bars narrow to 7/8 inch where the controls mount but I am worried that I am going to have to mount the kill switch where the bars turn down because of space reasons. I really want to use the Gunnar kill switch because you can order it with a normally closed circuit and that will be great for the KFX 450r. Has anybody mounted any accessories for a 7/8 set of bars on the stock KFX 450r handle bars? I know the bars must be 7/8 inch where the grips are but what about where the controls are and also are they 7/8 inch where they turn down? Also has anybody used the ROX hand guards, symtec warmers, or Gunnar kill switch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (Thomas @ Jan 19 2009, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15669
Does anybody know what size the handle bars are where the controls mount? I know the stock fat bars are 1 1/8 inch but I am about to mount some aftermarket accessories and want to make sure they are going to fit the bars. I am mounting the ROX hand guard mounts, a symtec grip and throttle warmer controller, and want to mount a Gunnar kill switch. From talking to the guys at ROX they told me that the bars narrow to 7/8 inch where the controls mount but I am worried that I am going to have to mount the kill switch where the bars turn down because of space reasons. I really want to use the Gunnar kill switch because you can order it with a normally closed circuit and that will be great for the KFX 450r. Has anybody mounted any accessories for a 7/8 set of bars on the stock KFX 450r handle bars? I know the bars must be 7/8 inch where the grips are but what about where the controls are and also are they 7/8 inch where they turn down? Also has anybody used the ROX hand guards, symtec warmers, or Gunnar kill switch?

I figured it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts