Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dont have many hours on the machine, bought it probably 3 weeks ago now, had like 3-4 hours on it before i went riding today. Just installed full yoshi rs-2 system and power commander last night so i figured id take it for a decent ride to see how it peformed. I went riding for about an hour on it and noticed it seemed like when shifiting from like 2-3 or 3-4 it kind of seemed to hang in gear every so often. I noticed it a little bit in the first few hours as well before the change in exhaust and pc3. Has anyone else encountered this problem at all and if so is it normal until it gets broke in or should I be bringing it back to the dealer to be looked at?

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (907KFX450 @ Mar 28 2008, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7693
So I dont have many hours on the machine, bought it probably 3 weeks ago now, had like 3-4 hours on it before i went riding today. Just installed full yoshi rs-2 system and power commander last night so i figured id take it for a decent ride to see how it peformed. I went riding for about an hour on it and noticed it seemed like when shifiting from like 2-3 or 3-4 it kind of seemed to hang in gear every so often. I noticed it a little bit in the first few hours as well before the change in exhaust and pc3. Has anyone else encountered this problem at all and if so is it normal until it gets broke in or should I be bringing it back to the dealer to be looked at?
i had that same type of problem with it not wanying to shift while under power, but it has seemed to go away...... check your clutch cable adjustment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had those same problems it has never failed but if you drag race or are racing it well hold 3rd and you have to get out of the gas to shift to 4th gear I was told by a guy at the local dealer that his does it too but only if the oil has a few rides I called kawi they had no comment on this matter that scared me and caused me to wonder if it was more common than they want us to know please reply on anything new

1 - 3 of 3 Posts