Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST INSTALLLED A CT PIPE AND WAS TOLD TO RIP THE LID OFF AND GIVE IT HELL... WELL, I DID AND SHE AIN'T RUNNING RIGHT IN THE TOP END. BOTTOM END WILL JERK YOUR ARMS OFF! I KNOW THE INTAKE IS A MAJOR FACTOR, BUT THE GUYS AT CT SAID IT RAN GOOD FOR THEM ON THE DYNO. I AM REPLACING THE STOCK FILTER TODAY AND TRYING A UNI. IT IS A RUSH DEAL AND AT THE LAST MINUTE, PLUS THE FUEL INTAKE IS ALOT OF MONEY! ANYBODY HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8178
I JUST INSTALLLED A CT PIPE AND WAS TOLD TO RIP THE LID OFF AND GIVE IT HELL... WELL, I DID AND SHE AIN'T RUNNING RIGHT IN THE TOP END. BOTTOM END WILL JERK YOUR ARMS OFF! I KNOW THE INTAKE IS A MAJOR FACTOR, BUT THE GUYS AT CT SAID IT RAN GOOD FOR THEM ON THE DYNO. I AM REPLACING THE STOCK FILTER TODAY AND TRYING A UNI. IT IS A RUSH DEAL AND AT THE LAST MINUTE, PLUS THE FUEL INTAKE IS ALOT OF MONEY! ANYBODY HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS?
Are you running a pcIII with the right map? You can't run a full pipe and lid off without it or your fuel will not be right,and your power will not be right. With EFI the pcIII is how you "rejet"

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (topdollr @ Apr 15 2008, 06:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8181
shoot you cant even run the stock pipe with the lid off without it cutting out.

So you need to invest in a PCIII.

best price: http://www.morepoweracing.com/powercommander.asp
Yes, with a new pipe you need to invest...while you are at it you should consider a new intake and you will be very happy with the new set up, plus you'll certainly get a better deal if you purchase both..Most people here have the FUel ATV intake (for those that have purchased one), it's an awesome intake.. Can also check out the FCI but i'm not sure if it's available for delivery yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff B @ Apr 15 2008, 08:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8180<div class='quotemain'>
Are you running a pcIII with the right map? You can't run a full pipe and lid off without it or your fuel will not be right,and your power will not be right. With EFI the pcIII is how you "rejet"
[/quote]

THANKS FELLAS! I AM ORDERING ONE TODAY! I KNEW THE THING NEEDED IT, BUT NOT TO BAD MOUTH ANYONE CT SAID THEY HAD NO TROUBLE WITH THEIRS ON THE DYNO. SO I WAS TAKING THEIR WORD FOR IT.... THE PIPE IS AWESOME IN THE BOTTOM TO MID RANGE RIGHT NOW THOUGH! IT FITS PERFECT AND TOOK ABOUT 7 MINUTES TO INSTALL. VERY THROATY! THAT IS BY FAR THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON THE DYNOJET. I FOUND ONE FOR 289.00 BUT NOT 269.00 THANKS AGAIN! GREAT WEBSITE!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JUST PLACED THE ORDER FOR THE PCIII HOPE IT DOES THE TRICK!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (On_All_4s @ Apr 16 2008, 04:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8201
^ Me too, or at least
the same day I got a
pipe and lost the lid !

LTGTR,

Andy

IT WAS THE TPS SENSOR! NOT THE PIPE AND LID OFF. THE BIKE RUNS GOOD W/OUT THE PCIII BUT YES IT DOES RUN BETTER W/ THE PCIII. GLAD YOU ORDERED YOUR PCIII THE DAY YOU GOT YOUR PIPE AND TOOK YOUR LID OFF. VERY PROUD OF YOU.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 7 2008, 08:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8707
IT WAS THE TPS SENSOR! NOT THE PIPE AND LID OFF. THE BIKE RUNS GOOD W/OUT THE PCIII BUT YES IT DOES RUN BETTER W/ THE PCIII. GLAD YOU ORDERED YOUR PCIII THE DAY YOU GOT YOUR PIPE AND TOOK YOUR LID OFF. VERY PROUD OF YOU.
Did the dealer warranty it for you? This is probably the 4th time i've read about the TPS sensor going bad, I don't suppose it's an epidemic because of the number of kfx's out there relative to the number of posts (with the tps gone bad) but it's still concerning. Any idea what the cost of the part is? I have a 2 year warranty so I'm ok for another 18 months so i'm not too concerned. Do these things just go bad over night or is there a way to check them first? Maybe i'll phone Kawi cust service and find out, it'd be nice if you could find out it's going bad prior to it dropping dead in the middle of a ride..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 7 2008, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8710
Did the dealer warranty it for you? This is probably the 4th time i've read about the TPS sensor going bad, I don't suppose it's an epidemic because of the number of kfx's out there relative to the number of posts (with the tps gone bad) but it's still concerning. Any idea what the cost of the part is? I have a 2 year warranty so I'm ok for another 18 months so i'm not too concerned. Do these things just go bad over night or is there a way to check them first? Maybe i'll phone Kawi cust service and find out, it'd be nice if you could find out it's going bad prior to it dropping dead in the middle of a ride..

i hear ya! i think the part was around 400.00 and you can check the voltage output on it. i'm no professional so you will have to seek help on testing the tps itself. it does sound like a pretty common problem among the kfx's though. oh yeah the dealer did cover it to!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts