Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well ive got a deal on a 2008 kfx450r quad well the guy that has it just wants to trade for my bike kx250f dirt bike good deal well there is one problem he said the cdi has burnt out on the kfx450r well ive looked into the cdi and its about a 200 dollar fix and i was wondering if it is worth the trouble and is this common on a kfx450r or what are the causes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 4 2008, 06:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10782
Have you asked if it's still under warranty?
nope its not but i forgot to mention that it has a barnnet racing clutch and full yoshimura exhuast and when this happened when the cdi burned he was running the cheaps in it the cheaps is 87 gas could that been a factor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so it under warranty till 8 27 08 and here are my problems it turns on the lights work the nuetral light works but when i turn it on it doesnt primer so the motor can start so would this be the fuel pump or what else im calling today to c if the fuel pump is under warranty

·
Registered
27 Posts
thats definately the problem your never supposed to run 87 octane in any 450, it has to be 91 and up, i once left the gas a little to long in my tank and just from loosing octane my quad wasnt running right,had to go out and buy octane boost for it to run normally, hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my freinds rappy same problem. We added fuel injeection cleaner and fuel boost you do not need alot try that let us know. Drain the tank all the way dry. Hope u get it figured out imo the clutch and exhaust would not make a cdi burn up. I have one on my yfz but it came bad from the factory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (yfuz450 @ Aug 5 2008, 11:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10812
my freinds rappy same problem. We added fuel injeection cleaner and fuel boost you do not need alot try that let us know. Drain the tank all the way dry. Hope u get it figured out imo the clutch and exhaust would not make a cdi burn up. I have one on my yfz but it came bad from the factory.
nope none of that stuff is it we took off every electrical except the fuel injection stuff because we had now clue what it was but every elctrical componet off and put it onto a kfx that ran and it all worked fine i think its the wiring or the fuel injection sensors but its defeated us so i took it to a dealer ship ,,so its up to them fuses every thing was fine if you look at my other forum u will see in the green circle it doesnt have that one it but neither does my friends and his runs fine so ill let everyone know what it is and how much i gotta pay

woop and as for the fuel pumps mine worked on the the other kfx so its not the pump and i meant air intake and every sensor around the air box and what not

·
Registered
60 Posts
So you checked all three fuses under the hood?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts