Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i messed up, now i need your help. i went to adjust my valves. i took the cam chain tensioner out and rotated the engine over to loosen the chain. well, i wasnt paying attention and the cam chain skipped teeth on the exhaust cam for sure and possibly the intake cam also. i ordered a service manual on october 21 and it is still not here so i was wondering if anyone could look in their manual and tell me how i am supposed to adjust the cam timing. thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (brammabul69 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13850
hey guys i messed up, now i need your help. i went to adjust my valves. i took the cam chain tensioner out and rotated the engine over to loosen the chain. well, i wasnt paying attention and the cam chain skipped teeth on the exhaust cam for sure and possibly the intake cam also. i ordered a service manual on october 21 and it is still not here so i was wondering if anyone could look in their manual and tell me how i am supposed to adjust the cam timing. thanks guys.

make it tdc then 180 out on cams there should be 10 open links from tooth to tooth. Good luck just have it top dead center have the cams 180 out it is a good start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (yfuz450 @ Nov 8 2008, 11:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13945
make it tdc then 180 out on cams there should be 10 open links from tooth to tooth. Good luck just have it top dead center have the cams 180 out it is a good start.

Also the exhaust cam should have a straight line mark on it and the intake cam should have a dot mark on it. The exhaust and intake marks should face to the outside of the engine. Once you have done that. They should line up parallel with the top of the head.
KT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts