Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In october I took the dive and decided to have the motor ripped apart on my kfx and drop some serious money in the motor after doing some research I went with trinity racing in california. About $2000 later I had a big bore kit with a JE piston, Ported Head with a valve Job and Web stage 2 cams. I already had a pro circuit pipe and a power commander with a FUEL ATV intake (which is great by the way! 5HP gain). Now I am faced with the deliema of why my bike is only making 45hp ugh. One of my buddies has the same bike with only a high comp piston, homeade intake, pro circuit pipe and power commander and is making 55hp. WTF! I dont know where to start with this thing if anybody has any ideas I would be happy to hear them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (iamthemonster @ Feb 28 2008, 01:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6915
In october I took the dive and decided to have the motor ripped apart on my kfx and drop some serious money in the motor after doing some research I went with trinity racing in california. About $2000 later I had a big bore kit with a JE piston, Ported Head with a valve Job and Web stage 2 cams. I already had a pro circuit pipe and a power commander with a FUEL ATV intake (which is great by the way! 5HP gain). Now I am faced with the deliema of why my bike is only making 45hp ugh. One of my buddies has the same bike with only a high comp piston, homeade intake, pro circuit pipe and power commander and is making 55hp. WTF! I dont know where to start with this thing if anybody has any ideas I would be happy to hear them.
Did you have both quads dyno'd at the same place? If so, something is horribly wrong with your quad. The intake alone should have put you at 45hp and the other stuff should have put you above 65hp easily. Maybe it could be a wooterty tune on your PC?

·
Registered
220 Posts
You should be aleast in the mid fifties. I had my old quad dyno'ed on a tuning dyno. which is mostly for tuning Not Peak hp. Quad was kfx400 with a 504cc stroker motor. It said it only had 35 hp. Not even close to the true Hp. What you need to do, line up against each other and race. Switch quads too.

Larry

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't push the panic button just yet--Just like these guys are alluding to, different dyno's can read way differently. And if you used a different-technology dyno (Eddy current vs. Dynojet-type, for example) the readings will be WAY different. Go to a dyno/tuning place that has an excellent reputation tuning quads and let them have a go at it. In the interim, as Larry mentions, try drag-racing and swapping quads with your buddy to see where your's stands in relation to his. Trinity racing has an excellent reputation so I wouldn't just yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both quad's were dynoed at the same tuning center on the exact same day. It was a dyno jet dyno and the place has a excellent reputation with tuning high proformance bikes. The bike has been tore down twice and yet still nothing has come up as being problematic. I have spent a butt load of cash between the shop and the dyno and all trinity has done has play the blame game by blaming my shop of putting the bike together worng. The shop that I use has a solid reputation and they have been more that helpful on trying to get the bike proforming. It is trinity that has been for lack of a better word USELESS!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've read many horror stories about that company,(not your builder) BUT also some good ones. I hope you find out whats wrong.
Larry

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (iamthemonster @ Feb 27 2008, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6915
lets see some graphs.... air fuel ratios correct? gearing? what tires were run on the dyno? what compression ratio are u running? are they tunning with the TUNING LINK software?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts