Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some opions on the sand setups out there I hav skat trak rippers 22 x 11x 8 with 8 paddels what do you think about shooting some huge hills I also like to run the river beds drag racing I want alittle of both got to beat my brothers yfz he got a little more of an advantge whit four yers in the on that bike so e me what you all think I am not new to the sport just want to here your thoughts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Mar 5 2008, 11:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7051
Are you running stock or have any mods? I'd think an 8 paddle may be too much for stock
At this time i'm running a full two brothers system bcs air box and efi tuner made by doe beck twobrothers map I well be doing some cams on this bike soon also port work at 14:1 piston from dasa

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 8 paddles are fine. IMO...we have a lot of dune experience and always run 8 paddles. I wouldn't run the 22's though. I would opt for a 20in tire. I run 22x10 on my built banshee and it is hard on it. Im sure someone will post up the great sand tire debate...but these are just my opinions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (KFX-R @ Mar 7 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7112
The 8 paddles are fine. IMO...we have a lot of dune experience and always run 8 paddles. I wouldn't run the 22's though. I would opt for a 20in tire. I run 22x10 on my built banshee and it is hard on it. Im sure someone will post up the great sand tire debate...but these are just my opinions.

I wonder about 22's being too tall.It is not a built banshee but does run pretty hard my yfz 450 had a set of sand stars and climb pretty good but I always thought I could use a little more paddle. I trade paddels at the sand and was able to out climb my buddy who was dead even before the trade .so I decied to get new paddels when I got the new quad I have not been to the sand yet I can only wait it gonna be great I like to do the short steep shoots uphill in moab utah WE also drag race the river bed .It is kinda damp packed sand like at the ocean were the water rushes the shore so the bikes hook up better than pavement

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 8in wheels keep the weight down I would try it and see what you think. If you were buying some new tires I would definately go with the 20in 8 paddle hauler extremes.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think Fast1 had some good insight regarding dune paddles but don't know if he's still around..There's a company out west that specializes in the Sand brand tires but I can't recall his name...was real helpful...if I remember i'll post it up...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just tried out a set of Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 9 paddle last weekend on the oregon coast. I have to say it pulled great and the bike had no problems running them what so ever. Hole shots, tree shots, hill climbs...no issues at all and it pulled hard. I was running 20x11x10 sand stars before and the 22's were much better and pulled way harder. Im not a big fan of straight cut paddles, because we like to play around side hilling and what not, but i am a fan of the 22" edge cut (v paddle). My next paddle is going to be a 22".

Earlier in the day i was drag racing some on the sandstars and were beating Hondas, banshees, raptors up comp hill. I think with the 22's it would have help out a bit more, though i didnt get a chance to run with the 22's.

Here are my mods: Fuel Atv Intake, Power commander, LRD full system exhaust, 15 tooth front sprocket.

-Rob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Rob @ Mar 20 2008, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7464
I just tried out a set of Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 9 paddle last weekend on the oregon coast. I have to say it pulled great and the bike had no problems running them what so ever. Hole shots, tree shots, hill climbs...no issues at all and it pulled hard. I was running 20x11x10 sand stars before and the 22's were much better and pulled way harder. Im not a big fan of straight cut paddles, because we like to play around side hilling and what not, but i am a fan of the 22" edge cut (v paddle). My next paddle is going to be a 22".

Earlier in the day i was drag racing some on the sandstars and were beating Hondas, banshees, raptors up comp hill. I think with the 22's it would have help out a bit more, though i didnt get a chance to run with the 22's.

Here are my mods: Fuel Atv Intake, Power commander, LRD full system exhaust, 15 tooth front sprocket.

-Rob
thanks for the info were you running the stock gearing

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hes running a 15 tooth up front.

From what I have read, most people from your area Or Utah area, run nothing more than 8 paddle. Except on drag stuff. Lots are even 6 to 7 paddle. Some even swear by running gliders. There are some big threads about sand paddle on a few other forums. Heres a good one on this forum

http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=623

LOTs AND LOTS OF READING

Larry

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Atving4Christ @ Apr 2 2008, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7860
Hes running a 15 tooth up front.

From what I have read, most people from your area Or Utah area, run nothing more than 8 paddle. Except on drag stuff. Lots are even 6 to 7 paddle. Some even swear by running gliders. There are some big threads about sand paddle on a few other forums. Heres a good one on this forum

http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=623

LOTs AND LOTS OF READING
Larry
HEY THANKS THAT HAS HELPED ALOT I WILL BE GOING TO THE SAND SOON SO THIS GIVE ME A GOOD START ON DIAL IN THANK FOR EVERY ONE'S HELP i WILL TOUCH BACK AFTER I GO TO THE SAND .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.