Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Rec'd my HMF Pipe and Fuel Optimizer today and installed. Really woke the quad up but I still feel like there is somewhat of a dead spot in the middle of the RPM range. Also getting ready to go up to a 15 tooth front sprocket. Does anyone else have this set up and have any tips for tuning. I am currently running with the base settings on the optimizer. Thinking seriously about taking it and having it dynoed and tuned. Any suggestions??

Mike

·
Registered
637 Posts
Change your intake..the stock is truly worthless..you won't see any significant gains until you get a new intake...You won't believe the difference it makes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at different intakes but can't decide with one. I prefer to stay with a foam filter. My personal opinion is that they offer much better protection. Any suggestions on intakes?? Anything you guys have already used and have had good results with?

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Mikey @ Jun 28 2008, 06:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10086
I've looked at different intakes but can't decide with one. I prefer to stay with a foam filter. My personal opinion is that they offer much better protection. Any suggestions on intakes?? Anything you guys have already used and have had good results with?
Really need to go beyond the filter and change the physical intake tube... Fuelatv has a set up he sells, PDR will have one soon and a few people have created their own.. I have the Fuel ATV..great set up. The stock intake tube is very restrictive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts