Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been to the Hot Rods website many times before but I don't remember a stroker crank, so I assume it was just released. Anybody have any info about it? As I'm supervising a complete engine build for my nephew, it would seem a better investment to buy the stroker crank rather than strengthening the existing crank. The quad will be port & polished, have a valve job, web cams, lockout clutch, fci intake, exhaust, pc3, and +2mm piston so the extra hp from the longer stroke will be very welcomed as long as it's reliable. Anybody have any information to persuade me to get it or to not get it? Thanks.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got into contact with them. The stroker crank doesn't require a stroker piston, a stock piston will do, I guess they just make the rod longer. It comes with a heavy duty double shot peened rod, the same rod you buy from their rod kit. I hear these are reliable. Anyhow hope this info will help some people. I'll be buying one for sure, and will have everything balanced as you recommended dl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.