Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a job..to get my kfx and went to dealership to check it out..it was sitting next to a yfz.
I've ridden a yfz, ltr, raptor 700, 400ex..and the kfx450 just looked and sat so small when i was on it..like I had to sit forward way more than any of the other 450s..any one else feel this way? I think with a different seat and removal of all the fenders it would feel alot better..any advice? If it helps im 6'0 160lbs

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (r054XFK @ May 27 2008, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9446
Just got a job..to get my kfx and went to dealership to check it out..it was sitting next to a yfz.
I've ridden a yfz, ltr, raptor 700, 400ex..and the kfx450 just looked and sat so small when i was on it..like I had to sit forward way more than any of the other 450s..any one else feel this way? I think with a different seat and removal of all the fenders it would feel alot better..any advice? If it helps im 6'0 160lbs

personally i love how it sits foward. i hate how the honda and the yamaha sit FARRr back. it feels sooo weird. i hate and i mean completely hate the feel of the yfz and the trx. the LTR feels nice but i love the way the KFX sits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ May 27 2008, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9447
personally i love how it sits foward. i hate how the honda and the yamaha sit FARRr back. it feels sooo weird. i hate and i mean completely hate the feel of the yfz and the trx. the LTR feels nice but i love the way the KFX sits.

I guess i just grew to the way all the others sit..i couldnt tell a diff between the ltr and yfz..but i guess i got used to them..kfx is just diff..looks so small in videos too..but i still love it. Dealers only got the black in stock..for 7700 otd..7200 msrp..no green or white but they said it would be same price so why not get black..i think without stickers itd be sweet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 27 2008, 07:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9449
You could always look at changing the bars and add a riser..that may enable you to sit back a little
Maybe..never thought of that..i think alot to do with it is the seat..ever noticed how the kfx seat is more of a V shape..and the yfz seat is more of a straight line..so the kfx makes you dip down forward more..but i could be wrong

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (r054XFK @ May 27 2008, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9451
Maybe..never thought of that..i think alot to do with it is the seat..ever noticed how the kfx seat is more of a V shape..and the yfz seat is more of a straight line..so the kfx makes you dip down forward more..but i could be wrong
And a bit painful on the backside....don't forget the monkeybutt powder for those long rides!

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (r054XFK @ May 27 2008, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9448
I guess i just grew to the way all the others sit..i couldnt tell a diff between the ltr and yfz..but i guess i got used to them..kfx is just diff..looks so small in videos too..but i still love it. Dealers only got the black in stock..for 7700 otd..7200 msrp..no green or white but they said it would be same price so why not get black..i think without stickers itd be sweet
first of all, your dealer is mad high on pricing, i just bought one like 3 weeks ago, brand new for 6200otd, and also black looks sick only when its brand new, once its been ridden youl hate yourself for getting the black

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Extent Racing 21 @ May 27 2008, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9455
first of all, your dealer is mad high on pricing, i just bought one like 3 weeks ago, brand new for 6200otd, and also black looks sick only when its brand new, once its been ridden youl hate yourself for getting the black
I wish I could get one for 6200 otd but this is louisiana..no dealerships go down more than 500$ unless you have cold hard cash in your hands..which unfortunatly i cannot do..and honda dealerships..honda dealerships go down like CRAZY here..but not kawasaki. My friend walked in bought his yfz bill ballance with cash ..and only got off about 1k..not including tax title license..so even then i wouldnt be able to get a price as good as that..hell another friend is friends with the guy at a suzuki dealership and still only got his ltr down to 6500 otd and thats cheaper than the kfx!

·
Registered
297 Posts
what about a used one. I see KFX's like new selling way cheap. I just saw a guy on here or hq with a green one for $5200 or something close

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (topdollr @ May 27 2008, 11:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9462
what about a used one. I see KFX's like new selling way cheap. I just saw a guy on here or hq with a green one for $5200 or something close
parents are sooo against getting used atv..they'll never crack..ever..ever...ever..ever. Right now the only problem i have is convincing them that i wont kill myself..even tho every weekend i go to friends houses and ride theres 450s and 700rs..and my parents know this..and i never come back hurt

·
Registered
35 Posts
i love how the kfx 450 sits forward i am buying pro taper dirtbike bars that are lower gives me more control,
my friend wiped out while trail riding breaking his collar bone the first time then his back the second time and smashed his frame flat, thats what happens with a plastic bumper, lucky the frame was made of steal so it gave out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts