Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a JE 12.8/1 stock bore piston in my bike. I was wonderin if anyone could tell me how much reliability im jeprodizing and if my crank is only going to last a little while longer.

Thanx and happy riding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put the same in my bike. It should last you for a long time. Once you go to 13:1 you have to run race gas but under that you can run High octane.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (masterp0606 @ Mar 16 2009, 01:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16489
I put the same in my bike. It should last you for a long time. Once you go to 13:1 you have to run race gas but under that you can run High octane.
I am going to be building mine with a + 4mm big bore kit. I am going to have to a sleeze installed, bored, and plated. I am wondering if my stock crankshaft is going to be ok with the bigger bore and 13:1 compression?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Thomas @ Mar 16 2009, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16491
I am going to be building mine with a + 4mm big bore kit. I am going to have to a sleeze installed, bored, and plated. I am wondering if my stock crankshaft is going to be ok with the bigger bore and 13:1 compression?

If your going with a +4 rod then its prolly going to be about the same price to buy an aftermarket crank with the +4 allready on it as its going to be to have your stock crank pressed apart new rod put on and rebalanced. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts