Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I wanna see ho wmany people have broke their bike? Also include mods. I am curious to see if I should even bother riding my bike or wait till I have the cash to put the falicon crank in it. I definately don't wanna end up causing more damage than I need to. I have a fully built dasa motor running high compression so I know I have increased the probability of it happening to me. Basically I just wanna see what percentage of people have had problems. I know what the obvious answer is, but I don't have the cash yet to do all the mods plus I want to see how good these elka factory shocks are incase I need to send them back while the bike is apart for a revalve. So input and opinions on what you guys would do is welcome. Keep in mind I have almost a 20k quad just sitting for th epast 2 months that I haven't even ridden yet, and I am paying on.

· Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Oct 1 2008, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12503
As the title says, I wanna see ho wmany people have broke their bike? Also include mods. I am curious to see if I should even bother riding my bike or wait till I have the cash to put the falicon crank in it. I definately don't wanna end up causing more damage than I need to. I have a fully built dasa motor running high compression so I know I have increased the probability of it happening to me. Basically I just wanna see what percentage of people have had problems. I know what the obvious answer is, but I don't have the cash yet to do all the mods plus I want to see how good these elka factory shocks are incase I need to send them back while the bike is apart for a revalve. So input and opinions on what you guys would do is welcome. Keep in mind I have almost a 20k quad just sitting for th epast 2 months that I haven't even ridden yet, and I am paying on.

I had to replace my crank, oil pumps, bearings, cylinder and piston. It was 2k to rebuild with big bore kit.
I replaced my crank with a factory one.
I haven’t had any problems and I don’t baby my bike at all if it blows again I’m going even bigger.
So ride it like you stole it and have fun with that 20k investment.

· Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Oct 6 2008, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12601
Well good maybe I will say f-it and go race it this weekend. Worst that can happen is blow it up and fix it. Hey it's only money right?
Im telling you right now you might want to think about saving up for that rather than just saying f-it. Especially with the mods and compression you have, your motor will explode at about the 12 hour mark, im telling you from experience. With similar mods everyone i know with kawis had the same thing happen, from 10-12 hours it explodes and takes everything with it. It may cost money but it ultimately saves you money in the long run.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it has 15-20 on it. I bought it from Cyle Chislock and they were developing this motor with dasa. He couldn't give me any specific hour amounts on it because the motor had been out many times changing parts. I am assuming since dasa told me that when they were developing motors with him that they had not done any crank mods that it has the most time out of any of the internal parts. I have already ordered another stock crank which I am going to send to falicon to balance and put their knife edge rod on. I will also be putting another topend in and maybe new valves while i am at it.

As far as riding goes I guess I am just getting impatient. I have had the quad for 2 months now and haven't even got to ride it. Elka has had the factory shocks for 3 weeks, which I just go tback. Now I do som eresearch and find out that I need to put a crank in it. So part is my own stupidity for not researching a little more but all the 450s have a downfall at some point. After 2 fully built yfz's and not being happy with either I was ready for a change.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I decided to take it with me to the track we have 3 practices on fri. and I am gonna ride it in one of them to see if I need to send the shocks back to elka while th emotor is out. Then I am just gonna race my buddies' YFZ
. So hopefully it can stay together for a 20 min. practice session. I probably won't ride the whole thing. I am just worried that these elkas are a little soft.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well for the record it lived through a whole half hour practice session. Then I did not irde it anymore for the weekend. All I can say is dasa builds a kick a$$ motor. It pulls like crazy. Probably need to play with th egearing a lil' for a mx setup. It wants to run from mid to top probably from the cam setup.

Of all things it was the yfz I was racing that broke. Freakin clutch cable snapped when I was on the gate for my first moto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.