Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a built z by alba and he swears its just jetting alba pipe and air filter and thats bs because at pismo he was beating everything thrown at it 410 banshees, z with piston, 525 outlaws, yfz470, trx522 ice cube, stroked out 527 ltr ice cube, realy anything thrown at it! 20,11,8 8paddle stand stars what hes running, i have a 1988 tecate-4 thats being rebulit tare down and all new every thing in engine by me....

· Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE (tecate_gt5 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8193
my friend has a built z by alba and he swears its just jetting alba pipe and air filter and thats bs because at pismo he was beating everything thrown at it 410 banshees, z with piston, 525 outlaws, yfz470, trx522 ice cube, stroked out 527 ltr ice cube, realy anything thrown at it! 20,11,8 8paddle stand stars what hes running, i have a 1988 tecate-4 thats being rebulit tare down and all new every thing in engine by me....
ill let u borrow my raptor
... guarranteed win.... havent ran across a z that was worth the gas to race

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Apr 15 2008, 09:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8195
ill let u borrow my raptor
... guarranteed win.... havent ran across a z that was worth the gas to race
na man he raced a 700 rap 8" extended swinger 22" skat track rippers on 112octane race gas pc3 with a trinity 734 big bore with a drag pipe still beat it
istill dont get it

· Registered
108 Posts
Unfortunately you can never take folks at their word in these scenarios unless you know the folks and are aware of the work that has been done. I mean this is why in many forms of racing where there are strict class restrictions there is a tech inspection and if complaints are filed it can lead to folks having to tear down an engine to prove there are no mods.

However in this case your best bet is to get your quad running the best it can and you as a rider at your top game. There is no such thing as an unbeatable quad, it just depends on how much money you want to spend!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (raredirt @ Apr 17 2008, 10:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8214
Unfortunately you can never take folks at their word in these scenarios unless you know the folks and are aware of the work that has been done. I mean this is why in many forms of racing where there are strict class restrictions there is a tech inspection and if complaints are filed it can lead to folks having to tear down an engine to prove there are no mods.

However in this case your best bet is to get your quad running the best it can and you as a rider at your top game. There is no such thing as an unbeatable quad, it just depends on how much money you want to spend!
dude for all i know it may be a 470???? hes very quiet about it.......im getting my engine done in a month or too by corey sprock of sprock racing(hes the tecate enging king) im going to put a 350strocker in it a special pipe on 4 dynos show an average of 12 to 15 more hp on a stock tecate rear wheel (51hp) mine will be around 72hp to 78hp he said. i know for a fact that will beat him but shhh its sleeping

· Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (tecate_gt5 @ Apr 17 2008, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8221
dude for all i know it may be a 470???? hes very quiet about it.......im getting my engine done in a month or too by corey sprock of sprock racing(hes the tecate enging king) im going to put a 350strocker in it a special pipe on 4 dynos show an average of 12 to 15 more hp on a stock tecate rear wheel (51hp) mine will be around 72hp to 78hp he said. i know for a fact that will beat him but shhh its sleeping

Even a "470" LTz should be getting spanked by a decent-running KFX450--I just haven't seen a moderately-built 400 that can hang with the newer quads (I have a very fast, for its time, KFX400, which is the same as the LTZ400). He must have some crazy work done to it, or some crazy MX-bike engine in it or something... Beating 410 'Shees at the drags at Pismo?!?! Something ain't right...

· Registered
631 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ May 13 2008, 01:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8950
Even a "470" LTz should be getting spanked by a decent-running KFX450--I just haven't seen a moderately-built 400 that can hang with the newer quads (I have a very fast, for its time, KFX400, which is the same as the LTZ400). He must have some crazy work done to it, or some crazy MX-bike engine in it or something... Beating 410 'Shees at the drags at Pismo?!?! Something ain't right...
Funny but I raced a guy on a DVX 400 with heavy engine mods (yes, arctic cat!) I had the big 3 and from 1-3rd he was about a half bike behind but once I hit 4th he didnt stand a chance.. I was impressed with his ride at the start, for a brief sec I thought "wholy shht, is he gonna beat me' but that's literally all it was, a brief sec!
, a good race though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.