Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this has been given me troubles for a long time and i don't know what to do....
it is hard to tell you exactly what its doing but here goes..
sometimes when its just setting and running it will shut off...most of the time when im riding it, is when it just turns off. it seems to do it more, when i get in the throttle real hard... the bike just dies,,no fuel...
i did hear the the fuel pump turning off and on under the hood...it sounds like something is turning the fuel pump off.. you can hear the fuel pump relay kicking in and then kicking out..sometimes when i turn the key on, the fuel pump dont come on right away..i changed out the fuel pump, i changed the fuel pump relay, no blown fuel pump fuses, VDS is fixed so that it don't move, i cleaned all the connections... any more ideas what my problem may be?????

· Registered
126 Posts
QUOTE (woodsZrider @ Nov 22 2008, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14964
ok, this has been given me troubles for a long time and i don't know what to do....
it is hard to tell you exactly what its doing but here goes..
sometimes when its just setting and running it will shut off...most of the time when im riding it, is when it just turns off. it seems to do it more, when i get in the throttle real hard... the bike just dies,,no fuel...
i did hear the the fuel pump turning off and on under the hood...it sounds like something is turning the fuel pump off.. you can hear the fuel pump relay kicking in and then kicking out..sometimes when i turn the key on, the fuel pump dont come on right away..i changed out the fuel pump, i changed the fuel pump relay, no blown fuel pump fuses, VDS is fixed so that it don't move, i cleaned all the connections... any more ideas what my problem may be?????

Maybe a faulty or loose turn over sensor??? always check the obvious??

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
126 Posts
I'd check the wiring to the pump, relay and ignition for any breaks.
Do some continuity tests for dodgy wires????

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am going to let my dealer run a diagnostic on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.