Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says...I need help adjusting the TPS.
Thanks and God Bless

·
Registered
25 Posts
Make sure battery is fully charged.

SET IDLE SPEED, 1800rpm (I used lap top and PCIII)
Shut down motor, key off. Remove eng bracket. Loosen throttle body (carb) so it can move a little, if needed? Disconnect the main throttle sensor connector plug at the throttle body. And install (throttle sensor setting adapter part #57001-1538) (make you own?) then Plug connection back on throttle body...Connect voltmeter red to yellow wire and voltmeter black to brown wire. Set voltmeter to scale 20DC volts (0.00)With throttle closed. This is important; (with throttle closed) turn key on and take readings of TPS output voltage, Hard starting bikes will be around 0.55 or 0.56 or 0.57 etc..Loosen hex screw and turn sensor to get a reading of 0.62. Then when sensor is secure and reading is 0.62 try opening throttle and then let off, with throttle closed again, check to see if reading is still at 0.62. Then when this is done you can check wide open throttle position at this time, it should read around 3.70 to 4.10 (wot)Make sure when throttle is returned to closed or let off, that reading falls back to 0.62. Turn key off. Unplug the sensor connector and remove the throttle sensor adapter or (made your own?) then plug connector back on throttle body. Done.

It is hard to get the sensor just right so that it reads .62. Take your time and I found that it is easier if you dont loosen the set screw too loose. Leaving it snug makes it harder to turn and it dont jump so much when trying to hit that .62 volts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys......

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts