Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 2008 KFX450r. I use to be riding the quad all the time perfectly fine I put some work into it here and there and then it started this problem with bogging and backfiring. When I reach like a certain RPM the quad seems to bog like its not getting fuel and then sometimes it backfires. I also just put a new fuel injector in it and that didnt seem to help. So please somebody HELP ME! Thanks...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ya pull off the fuel line under the tank turn your key on use a bottle or bucket to put over the fuel pump line when key is turned on if the fuel poles into the bottle your pumps done it needs to shoot into the bottle I had a similar issue half to full trottle would bog!

·
Registered
2 Posts
good pump?

I have a 2008 450 that i have replaced the fuel pump on twice using just the pump and not the whole assembly. I still get very low flow but good pressure does anyone know of a good pump to put in the assembly so far i have used a Caltric and a kemso and the Kemso was worse but that was what was in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unregulated

Hello
Answered my own question on the higher RPM bog/drop out. I monitored the fuel pressure when running and found that pressure was perfect at idle or with a dead end test but with inline and running test found that fuel pressure would drop to 15 lbs and then slowly recover to 42psi and run normally until it dropped below 35psi and it would lag at 15 psi. Replace fuel pressure regulator inside pump assembly and bada bing, fixed. Moral of the story if you are going to replace the pump inside the assembly replace the regulator or buy the 400.00 Kawasaki assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts