Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE (KAWIRACER3 @ Mar 18 2009, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16525
HAS ANYONE HAD THERE IGNITION COIL GET HOT AND START MELTING. MINE GOT HOT AND STARTED MELTING AFTER MY RACE ON SUNDAY. I THINK THIS IS A FREAK THING BUT CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO?
if u RACE that means u use a TEATHER harness.... if your teather is wired to the negative side of the coil then that is your problem...... leaving the key on with the teather pulled will cause the coil to stay hot and melt the thing

u need to wire up the teather to the crank position sensor

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Mar 19 2009, 01:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16532
if u RACE that means u use a TEATHER harness.... if your teather is wired to the negative side of the coil then that is your problem...... leaving the key on with the teather pulled will cause the coil to stay hot and melt the thing

u need to wire up the teather to the crank position sensor
OK THANKS I WILL LOOK INTO THAT BUT I WIRED IT EXACTLY AS WILLIAM YOKLEYS MECHANIC WIRED HIS. CAN YOU KINDA GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WIRE IT TO THE CRANK SENSOR. PLEASE.
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND I BUY A NEW COIL SINCE IT GOT HOT OR IS IT STILL USABLE?
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

· Registered
284 Posts
u wire one of the wires into 1 of the 2 wires from the cps (comes out from same position as stator wires)

the other wire from the kill switch goes to ground.......
i would replace the coil and i have seen them on ebay for cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.