Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have got the new kfx and its not starting while in gear , with the clutch in. racing hare scrambles i need it to do so . any help would be great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The YFZ does, but they advertise that as a feature. I guess the KFX doesn't have the 'start in gear" feature, but I assume there would be a simple mod you can do to fix it. Good luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
well ur button by the clutch may be bad. Try cutting the wire that goes into the clutch lever and splicing it together. If it still doesnt work then there is something wrong cause mine and my friends start in gear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (ridgerunner614 @ Apr 22 2007, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1417
ok i have got the new kfx and its not starting while in gear , with the clutch in. racing hare scrambles i need it to do so . any help would be great.

If you replaced the clutch perch with an aftermarket one you will have to connect the wires going to the button that were on the original perch. Watch out though because it will now start in gear even if the clutch is out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can someone tell me the colors of wires for the clutch wire. I just got a kfx and it doesn't start in gear and has aftermarket perch. I am assuming they just unplugged it. So the color wires on the other side of the connecot would be good too. Also pics. Dang I am needy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Know On z400 you just yank a thing out on the starter button assembly and it will start in gear but you cant cut the wires I Dont Know about the kfx450 yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts