Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I installed the new Rekluse pro clutch and set it up for X/C riding and it is awesome. Very good instructions and quality. I will have a good day of riding with it tomorrow.....Ric

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (prey2none @ Mar 1 2008, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6962
This week I installed the new Rekluse pro clutch and set it up for X/C riding and it is awesome. Very good instructions and quality. I will have a good day of riding with it tomorrow.....Ric
I'm running the same clutch. I'm very happy with it and no more stalls in soft sand

So far it is holding fine with the big 3 installed and paddle tires. I'll just have to see if it can hold up to new cams, porting, and TB mods... those are what I'm looking at doing next.

Let us know how it holds up for you.

Larry

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (Larry @ Mar 1 2008, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6970
I'm running the same clutch. I'm very happy with it and no more stalls in soft sand

So far it is holding fine with the big 3 installed and paddle tires. I'll just have to see if it can hold up to new cams, porting, and TB mods... those are what I'm looking at doing next.

Let us know how it holds up for you.

Larry

How much was the clutch? Is it just a "clutch pack" with plates and friction plates, or a whole new basket? I ask because I know I push my clutch hard in the dunes and I want to know what my options are when/if it dies... Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ Mar 5 2008, 10:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7032
How much was the clutch? Is it just a "clutch pack" with plates and friction plates, or a whole new basket? I ask because I know I push my clutch hard in the dunes and I want to know what my options are when/if it dies... Thanks!
I have the Rekluse z-start pro clutch that I purchased used from a member (here or the other site). It was $300 - $400 as I can't remember.

The pro kit comes with a new clutch basket. See more info here:
http://www.rekluse.com/z-Start-Pro.shtml

I have taken mine out to the dunes (Buttercup, Gordons Well, and Glamis) several times (7 sand trips so far, including 8 days at Glamis during Thanksgiving) since I installed it. Also have trips to Stoddard Wells, Ocotillo Wells, and other dirt/rock areas too. I weigh about 200-210 fully geared up and I have great tires (see my signature). So far (knock on wood) it has held up to my bolt on mods with no problems. I am not easy on it one bit. I ride hard, I race hard, I hill climb hard. Second gear starts, pull in the clutch and dump it like a standard clutch. It just takes off like a bullet!

I have only two complaints. It has always squealed a little when I take off slow. The clutch cover spacer is made of nylon or something like that and the dust/sand makes that area a little dirty on my quad. Both of these are real non-issues.

Dirty Clutch

The best reason to have this clutch is no stalling in climbing / descending razor backs. I just don't ever stall
Crash yes... but stall no.

Hope that helps a bit.
Larry

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (Larry @ Mar 5 2008, 12:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7037
I have the Rekluse z-start pro clutch that I purchased used from a member (here or the other site). It was $300 - $400 as I can't remember.

The pro kit comes with a new clutch basket. See more info here:
http://www.rekluse.com/z-Start-Pro.shtml

I have taken mine out to the dunes (Buttercup, Gordons Well, and Glamis) several times (7 sand trips so far, including 8 days at Glamis during Thanksgiving) since I installed it. Also have trips to Stoddard Wells, Ocotillo Wells, and other dirt/rock areas too. I weigh about 200-210 fully geared up and I have great tires (see my signature). So far (knock on wood) it has held up to my bolt on mods with no problems. I am not easy on it one bit. I ride hard, I race hard, I hill climb hard. Second gear starts, pull in the clutch and dump it like a standard clutch. It just takes off like a bullet!

I have only two complaints. It has always squealed a little when I take off slow. The clutch cover spacer is made of nylon or something like that and the dust/sand makes that area a little dirty on my quad. Both of these are real non-issues.

Dirty Clutch

The best reason to have this clutch is no stalling in climbing / descending razor backs. I just don't ever stall
Crash yes... but stall no.

Hope that helps a bit.
Larry
That's excellent--and thanks for the pic! I guess it stands to reason because we have the same type of bike and visit the same forum, but our bikes are very similar--I just bought a set of Rath nerfs, and installed my Fuel Airbox/Dasa 13" exhaust last week... My IMS tank (with billet cap....
went in the week before that...

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ Mar 5 2008, 06:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7038
That's excellent--and thanks for the pic! I guess it stands to reason because we have the same type of bike and visit the same forum, but our bikes are very similar--I just bought a set of Rath nerfs, and installed my Fuel Airbox/Dasa 13" exhaust last week... My IMS tank (with billet cap....
went in the week before that...
If Its Squealing Call Recluse.We Had To Drill Several Holes In The Back Of The Basket .It Helped, Also Make Shure Your Fibers Are Good.What Kind Of Oil Are You using?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts