Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my budget intake. Hope you guys can see that for around $90-100, you can make your own intake that looks and performs just as good as any other.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice work M8. May I copy it when i do mine?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Waiting patiently for a responce from FUELATV.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nicely done, now just list the parts you used so others on tight budgets can do their own.

Get an 8 ply S&B filter (sbfilter.com) and your right on par.

Are you getting a dyno tune?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (topdollr @ Apr 19 2008, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8255
nicely done, now just list the parts you used so others on tight budgets can do their own.

Get an 8 ply S&B filter (sbfilter.com) and your right on par.

Are you getting a dyno tune?
I would like too, but i need a PCIII and the place that dynos is rumored that their dyno puts out low numbers and that when you get it dialed in there, it isnt the same out at the dunes. So what i am gonna do is hook a wide band and just go without a dyno. but telling you now that intake really improves the mid range.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My parts list:
get about 3 or 4 inches of 2in. exhaust pipe to adapt the LTR tube to the existing intake tube. About $2
get about 3 or 4 inches of 3in. exhaust pipe to put inside the LTR tube to keep the tube from collapsing.About $3
LTR intake tube:$35(depending on dealer)
K & N Filter or a KFX450 intake kit: $50 or whatever the kit costs
Nuts, botls, clamps, 90 degree elbow: $5-$10 at the most.
2 feet of 1/2 inch heater tubing(checkers) for crank case vent.$3-$4

Grand total $105 roughly.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (theduv @ Apr 19 2008, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8256
I would like too, but i need a PCIII and the place that dynos is rumored that their dyno puts out low numbers and that when you get it dialed in there, it isnt the same out at the dunes. So what i am gonna do is hook a wide band and just go without a dyno. but telling you now that intake really improves the mid range.
PCIII and dyno is the way to go...you'll be losing power without the dyno (once you have the pciii)...From stock (about 36) to big three I gained more than 8 hp..With the filter Fuel sells i don't think it will fit into the stock box, (it's realy wide)..but to your point Duv, that setup will save some money..

Given Fuel's reputation, published numbers, and the total lack of extra time that I wish (not intended to insut anyone at all) i had, the choice was simple for me..Having options are always good! The stock intake is useless and one of the ugliest i've seen

·
Registered
297 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Apr 20 2008, 12:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8258
PCIII and dyno is the way to go...you'll be losing power without the dyno (once you have the pciii)...From stock (about 36) to big three I gained more than 8 hp..With the filter Fuel sells i don't think it will fit into the stock box, (it's realy wide)..but to your point Duv, that setup will save some money..

Given Fuel's reputation, published numbers, and the total lack of extra time that I wish (not intended to insut anyone at all) i had, the choice was simple for me..Having options are always good! The stock intake is useless and one of the ugliest i've seen
S&B can make custom filters of any size. I called after I purchased my K&N and they have a direct replacement, part number S&B RJ-2590 PS that would replace my K&N RJ2590. The PS is for power stack (inverted end cone) and if I remember right it was less then $40.

I may just have to add the LTR tube to my current box till I get my FCI.

DUV, what year is the LTR (450?) intake tube?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (topdollr @ Apr 20 2008, 06:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8261
S&B can make custom filters of any size. I called after I purchased my K&N and they have a direct replacement, part number S&B RJ-2590 PS that would replace my K&N RJ2590. The PS is for power stack (inverted end cone) and if I remember right it was less then $40.

I may just have to add the LTR tube to my current box till I get my FCI.

DUV, what year is the LTR (450?) intake tube?
its an 07 ltr intake tube

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the one i have made. I took a flat piece of galvanized duct work and bent it $4.99, Used two 3 inch couplers from AutoZone $3.99 each, Filter is a Spectre $24.99, Crankcase vent is $8.99, 3inch rubber joint $5.99, 2inch joint $5.99, and im on the road for $59.00

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (litemup02 @ Apr 21 2008, 09:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8303
Nice work! I have been thinking of the same idea, but leaving the airbox intact. So if i get this kit> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KFX450-Airb...sspagenameZWDVW ...a LTR tube and some of the parts you listed, that should take care of it right?? Have been leaning toward Fuel's intake (Very nice intake btw) but this seems just as effective..well close enough, considering the price.
it would look really nice, and yeah it would take care of everything.

QUOTE (slideways72 @ Apr 22 2008, 06:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8305
This is the one i have made. I took a flat piece of galvanized duct work and bent it $4.99, Used two 3 inch couplers from AutoZone $3.99 each, Filter is a Spectre $24.99, Crankcase vent is $8.99, 3inch rubber joint $5.99, 2inch joint $5.99, and im on the road for $59.00

hey, if it works then who cares right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (theduv @ Apr 19 2008, 08:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8257
My parts list:
get about 3 or 4 inches of 2in. exhaust pipe to adapt the LTR tube to the existing intake tube. About $2
get about 3 or 4 inches of 3in. exhaust pipe to put inside the LTR tube to keep the tube from collapsing.About $3
LTR intake tube:$35(depending on dealer)
K & N Filter or a KFX450 intake kit: $50 or whatever the kit costs
Nuts, botls, clamps, 90 degree elbow: $5-$10 at the most.
2 feet of 1/2 inch heater tubing(checkers) for crank case vent.$3-$4

Grand total $105 roughly.
What do you use the 90degree elbow for?

·
Registered
220 Posts
its for the crank case breather. If you look at his last picture, you can see the white elbow.

Larry

1 - 20 of 30 Posts