Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE OFFER AN INTAKE SETUP THAT YOU CAN STILL RUN WITH A STOCK AIR BOX? NOT TO CRAZY ABOUT AN OPEN LID. I WANT TO RUN THE STOCK BOX AND GET AN OPEN LID W/ OUTERWEAR IN LID. THANKS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out www.ehsracing.com. They have Kawi airbox lids with the outerwears mounted in it.

I just bought one for mine, with an aftermarket filter. I haven't installed any of it yet so I can't say for sure how well it's going to effect performance, but I can say it is a very well built piece. Worth the $120 price tag.

They also have a kit that you can install yourself for $80, but it doesn't come with a cover. You have to use the stock one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (quadrider'73 @ Mar 10 2008, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7171
Check out www.ehsracing.com. They have Kawi airbox lids with the outerwears mounted in it.

I just bought one for mine, with an aftermarket filter. I haven't installed any of it yet so I can't say for sure how well it's going to effect performance, but I can say it is a very well built piece. Worth the $120 price tag.

They also have a kit that you can install yourself for $80, but it doesn't come with a cover. You have to use the stock one.

THANKS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
hello!!! Imo your wasting your time I'm sure it would help a little but your not adressing the kfx 450 air box issue the intake tube is what needs the extra attention you can run a yfz stock air box and a lt 500 intake tube with a little mod you can adapt a lt 500 tube to the stock air box lt 500 tube is belived to be the same one bcs is using I purched the bcs and it work real good . my friend didnt have the extra money so I found the same parts that bcs used and put one together it worked just as good and was only 25 $ the two tubes are the same good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Mar 13 2008, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7296
When i get a chance ill post up a pic of the stock intake...I knew what it looked like but when it was lying there on the floor i was still surprised....new intakes a must

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I JUST HATE RUNNING AN OPEN LID. THAT WAS MY ONLY CONCERN. WE RIDE IN A PRETTY DUSTY ENVIROMENT NINE OUT OF TEN TIMES. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR PICS WHEN YOU GET THEM. THANKS AGAIN

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ Mar 16 2008, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7342
THANKS FOR THE INFO. I JUST HATE RUNNING AN OPEN LID. THAT WAS MY ONLY CONCERN. WE RIDE IN A PRETTY DUSTY ENVIROMENT NINE OUT OF TEN TIMES. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR PICS WHEN YOU GET THEM. THANKS AGAIN
My filter is an 8 layer filter and will not let anything past it.

FUELATV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts