Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a intermittent problem and I need help. OK, here is what is going on. My quad will sometimes not wrap all of the way out, when it is having this issue, it backfires, spits, & stutters. Now sometimes when this problem is occuring I can turn the key on and off and the quad will then run better. I've taken my quad to the dyno 2 times to make sure the air/fuel mixture is correct. You can see my mods - no motor work. I've read about people have ECU isssues and throttle position sensor issues. I need this thing to run great all of the time, not just hit or miss. What I've done: I've changed the spark plug about 5 times, I took the power commander off and re-istalled it, I took it to the dealer - (they just road it around in the parking lot and said it was fine) - The main issue is top end & every once in a while starting. Please help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE (MileHighRider @ May 3 2008, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8593
I have a intermittent problem and I need help. OK, here is what is going on. My quad will sometimes not wrap all of the way out, when it is having this issue, it backfires, spits, & stutters. Now sometimes when this problem is occuring I can turn the key on and off and the quad will then run better. I've taken my quad to the dyno 2 times to make sure the air/fuel mixture is correct. You can see my mods - no motor work. I've read about people have ECU isssues and throttle position sensor issues. I need this thing to run great all of the time, not just hit or miss. What I've done: I've changed the spark plug about 5 times, I took the power commander off and re-istalled it, I took it to the dealer - (they just road it around in the parking lot and said it was fine) - The main issue is top end & every once in a while starting. Please help.

I WOULD ALMOST GUARANTEE YOU IT IS THE TPS. THAT IS THE SAME THING THAT MINE DID, AND BAM A NEW TPS AND A NEW 4-WHEELER! I COULD TURN MY KEY OFF AND DO THE SAME THING. KAWI WILL GET THE BILL TO! I HEARD ANOTHER GUY SAY IT WAS HIS ECU, SO YOU MIGHT CHECK THAT ALSO. BUT I BET YOU IT IS THE TPS... oh yeah and i would tell the damn shop to actually spend a little time on it and fix the problem. whats up with driving it around in the parking lot and them saying its fine. it ain't fine or you wouldn't be there with it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Before you get to off track, always check the vehicle down sensor, you can take it apart and glue the swing arm so it does not work,
Moto1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (moto1 @ May 7 2008, 04:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8722
Before you get to off track, always check the vehicle down sensor, you can take it apart and glue the swing arm so it does not work,
Moto1
I've already taken care of the down sensor

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would check the TPS and also check connections w/ your sparkplug wire coming from your coil. I have read that the vibration will cause the wires to wear prematurely. just check all of your connections and use dilectric grease to fill all of the connections to make them water tight

·
Registered
420 Posts
maybe check all your electrical connections under the hood make sure nothins corroded and loosing connectivity!this was a problem i had w/ quad just dieing on me turned out to be corrosion on the main fuse harness!

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (ononewheel @ Feb 17 2009, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16132
maybe check all your electrical connections under the hood make sure nothins corroded and loosing connectivity!this was a problem i had w/ quad just dieing on me turned out to be corrosion on the main fuse harness!
also check your ground wires a lot of people are fryin them and have similar problems to yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts