Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I'm relatively new to the Quad game--I bought a KFX400 late last year on a whim, got invited to Glamis this past Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, and now I'm hooked!! I bought paddles before I headed out, and new dirt gear (helmet, goggles, gloves and boots), and just had the time of my life out there!! The KFX400 was equipped with +2 arms, WP Suspension, and a cored stock exhaust (I'm sure I'm fortgetting a few things...).

While I was out there, I saw a new KFX450R, with its aluminum frame, and just hammering the bowls (something I wasn't doing on my first outting...
), and it just made a good inmpression on me. I was cruising by my local dealer this past weekend (big mistake...
), and just stopped by to kick some tires--the Kawi'swere on sale, any color I wanted, for 6499--even the limited black/flame version. In the end, I picked the green/black--it just looked more vibrant to me and i wasn't too thrilled with the flat-black wheels on the limited.

In any event, I loaded her up and drove off with her... so, is there anything I need to look out for? Any tips on break on? What mod it *needs* right away? This is my first brand new quad!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the site.

I just talked to my service guy and he said that he talked to Kawie tech and he told them to make sure to put dielectric grease on all the connections for the relays.

Another member here said that he had his fuel pump relay replaced becuase it was hold a charge after the qud was turned off.

Green is faster!

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ Jan 28 2008, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5762
Hi folks! I'm relatively new to the Quad game--I bought a KFX400 late last year on a whim, got invited to Glamis this past Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, and now I'm hooked!! I bought paddles before I headed out, and new dirt gear (helmet, goggles, gloves and boots), and just had the time of my life out there!! The KFX400 was equipped with +2 arms, WP Suspension, and a cored stock exhaust (I'm sure I'm fortgetting a few things...).

While I was out there, I saw a new KFX450R, with its aluminum frame, and just hammering the bowls (something I wasn't doing on my first outting...
), and it just made a good inmpression on me. I was cruising by my local dealer this past weekend (big mistake...
), and just stopped by to kick some tires--the Kawi'swere on sale, any color I wanted, for 6499--even the limited black/flame version. In the end, I picked the green/black--it just looked more vibrant to me and i wasn't too thrilled with the flat-black wheels on the limited.

In any event, I loaded her up and drove off with her... so, is there anything I need to look out for? Any tips on break on? What mod it *needs* right away? This is my first brand new quad!
Thanks!!
What kind os ride you do??

Depending the ride, there's a lot of mods that you can do

·
Registered
2 Posts
welcome to team green. the only problem ive had with mine is starter related. the oneway clutch and reducer gears ended up munched. it started to make banging noises ,then stopped working completely. cost 300$ to replace gears and bearings. The only thing it is missing is a back-up kick starter

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (green bullet @ Feb 16 2008, 06:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6545
welcome to team green. the only problem ive had with mine is starter related. the oneway clutch and reducer gears ended up munched. it started to make banging noises ,then stopped working completely. cost 300$ to replace gears and bearings. The only thing it is missing is a back-up kick starter
You can get a back up kick starter.

Larry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi & welcome to the madness,

Not that you guys will be running through water
out in the dunes, but even washing your quad may
have some unwanted consequences.

I have drilled small holes in the front/bottom of
the front frame tabs, bottom of subframe legs,
low points under footpegs, and under the rear
skid-plate (or in my case where the s-p was!).

Plus get some thread locker of your choice and
go over the entire bike, remove the fastner, put
some type of gunk on the bolt or nut and then
retorque and mark that point and keep going....

Battery tender isn't a bad idea either. Solved
all of my electric bug a boos by keeping the
bike on a trickle charger. Next you'll find (most
likely) that your new baby needs to breath ! !
Aside from the obvious, intake, pipe, PCIII you
can change your gearing via sprocket sizes and
it'll help.

More later. Glad you're here ! Keep us informed ! !

LTGTR,

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.