Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple mods on my kfx like pro circuit full exhaust, fuelatv intake, and PCIII. I have not found any fuel map exactly for my mods but i have experimented with a couple different ones. I used the fuelatv map I got with my intake, but it was for a dasa exhaust. It worked well until i wraped my header pipe with heat wrap. Then after a couple rides it would blow a flame out the exhaust every once in a while, and eventually started cutting out real bad, bad enough to kill it and sometimes turn the FI light on. It would start hard but once i hit the throttle a couple times the FI light will go off, and run fine. It only doesthis when the the engine is warm. I have changed the fuel map a couple of times and it still has this problem. So do you think its the heat wrap or just needs the right fuel map.

If anybody has any info please let me know what i can do, whether it be get a costum fuel map made or maybe take the heat wrap off. Although i dont know how the heat wrap affected it.

G

·
QUOTE (william @ Jan 20 2008, 08:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5515
I have a couple mods on my kfx like pro circuit full exhaust, fuelatv intake, and PCIII. I have not found any fuel map exactly for my mods but i have experimented with a couple different ones. I used the fuelatv map I got with my intake, but it was for a dasa exhaust. It worked well until i wraped my header pipe with heat wrap. Then after a couple rides it would blow a flame out the exhaust every once in a while, and eventually started cutting out real bad, bad enough to kill it and sometimes turn the FI light on. It would start hard but once i hit the throttle a couple times the FI light will go off, and run fine. It only doesthis when the the engine is warm. I have changed the fuel map a couple of times and it still has this problem. So do you think its the heat wrap or just needs the right fuel map.

If anybody has any info please let me know what i can do, whether it be get a costum fuel map made or maybe take the heat wrap off. Although i dont know how the heat wrap affected it.

I have a power commander on my KFX and my moter does the same thing i unplog the pwer commander and it still does it so today i am going to the dealer to order a coil and i will know next week if that was the problem.

· Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (william @ Jan 20 2008, 10:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5515

I doubt it's the heat wrap. I have my pipe ceramic coated and it has no problems. Maybe its the map, or it might have something to do with the motor itself. Have you done anything different lately that might affect it? (gas octane?) Im really not sure, maybe a trip to a Kawi dealer can tell you more?

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem, damn!
Went for a long fast ride today. Nothing extreme and no big bumps, jumps etc.
After about 2.5 hours, the bike starting cutting out (like fuel starvation) but I'd just re-fueled. Also it wouldn't start. I wiggled the grey wire that slices the PCIII into another wire and it seemed to help it start and the FI light went out. However when I got the bike home, I couldn't start it.

I don't think it's the fuel map, I'm hoping its the PCIII wiring, which I'll check this week.

Any one fixed this problem yet?

· Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (jeddlad @ Feb 7 2008, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6150
I'm having the same problem, damn!
Went for a long fast ride today. Nothing extreme and no big bumps, jumps etc.
After about 2.5 hours, the bike starting cutting out (like fuel starvation) but I'd just re-fueled. Also it wouldn't start. I wiggled the grey wire that slices the PCIII into another wire and it seemed to help it start and the FI light went out. However when I got the bike home, I couldn't start it.

I don't think it's the fuel map, I'm hoping its the PCIII wiring, which I'll check this week.

Any one fixed this problem yet?
look at your kill switch on the left handle bar the wires pull loose at the switch.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've fixed my problem, yippee!!!!

As suspected it was the wiring for the PCIII. The grey wire that crimps into TPS harness had worked loose and then finally had disconnected.

Wire crimped more securely and now my baby works just fine.

Problem solved.

Dave

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (jeddlad @ Feb 9 2008, 03:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6248
I've fixed my problem, yippee!!!!

As suspected it was the wiring for the PCIII. The grey wire that crimps into TPS harness had worked loose and then finally had disconnected.

Wire crimped more securely and now my baby works just fine.

Problem solved.

Dave

I checked my wiring and the TPS wire got cut by the wire that the pc3 got its TPS signal from. fixed it and runs fine now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.