Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..can't wait 'til it gets here!! Fuel has a sale on the Dasa pipes at the moment, and considereing the look and perform the best, I couldn't pass it up. I thought long and hard about the intake system--the intake on our bikes is poorly designed, especially as compared to an LT-R. I almost went with the airbox elimiantor, but figured that it might be nice to retain an airbox in the event that I ever got caught in the rain or mud. Besides, to me, a filter looks pretty naked hanging out there in the sand!!

I'm going to use it with a Trinity Stage IV controller (I know, I know... but I bought one before I read-up on the PCIII)--a few folks have had good outcomes with it, and it is very easy to tune.

I thought about going with the 16" Dasa for noise purposes, but everyone else seems to be pretty fooking loud out at Glamis, so why shouldn't I be?
Besides, I won't ever race the thing.

I'll report back with pics, etc. once I get 'er going...

Here are a couple pics of my last outting at Glamis:

My Kawi was bone stock...

Since then, I've ordered-up an IMS Fuel Tank (adds a gallon of capacity), Rath Racing Nerfs/Pro pegs, THe Dasa/Fuel Intake, a chassis plate, and a set of Flexx Faast bars. Next step will be the suspension... Don't know where I'm going with that yet, but I love my KFX400 with +2 arms and WP Balck Widows, so it might be something similar...

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Well the next pics will have to show off the new DASA pipe and dont forget bout that custom Fuel Airbox!!

FUELATV

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (FUELATV @ Feb 26 2008, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6896
Well the next pics will have to show off the new DASA pipe and dont forget bout that custom Fuel Airbox!!

FUELATV

I installed the Dasa and intake kit/airbox last night. Wow. It was incredibly simple and straight forward. Fuel's instructions on his site are precise, and things just went a lot smoother than I imagined. Believe it or not, the most difficult part for me was slipping one end of the exhaust system over the other (where they join)...

I can't wait to try this sucker out hammering up Olds. The last time I was there, I got beat by a friend's LTR (with a Cherry bomb and HMF slip on)--I suspect things are going to be very, very different this time...

Many thanks to Chad and FuelATV--It isn't easy giving up my hard-earned dough, but with quality parts and great service such as this, I am looking forward to my next order!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just had mine dyno'd but can't figure out how to get the pic loaded...results came out real nice, peak hp of 44.43 with a real healthy looking curve...I first bundled the big three, downloaded the FUELATV map which ran fine...With it now being dyno'd specific to my bike it had an extra 3.5hp over the other map. I didnt get to ride in the dirt yet but can say the front wheels were up while smacking the throttle in the road..Heading to the dunes this weekend and expect to have extra fun with my almost new quad! Hopefully have a few pics to post up...Think we need some kfx450central stickers for advertising!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts