Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my name is Drew Keith and im looking to start racing and i live in kansas...i have a KFX 450 but right now its tore down to bare frame...a buddy of mine wrecked it and i have to replace most of the exterior parts...so i figured while i had it most of the way torn down i would modify it...i am getting all new plastics as well as the lights grab bar front bumper nerf bars steering stem and while its torn down im powder coating anything and everything...i am getting a hot cam looney tune dual exhaust efi controler which eliminates the air box and im going to buy all new tires but i would like to know if any one has some good suggestions for tires...im wanting to start racing on the weekends but im not sure how to start or who to contact or anything...so if anyone could help me out that would be greately appreciated...this is all serious so please no stupid comments...but if you have any suggestions about exterior mods that im doing or motor mods that im doing please let me know i want to get as many ponies out of my bike as i can...

Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
70 Posts
well if you're unsure about what mods you should get, a lot of people are really liking the power gains they've received with the big three (intake, pipe, and pc3). more specifically a fuelatv or fci intake, dasa exhaust, and a power commander. i definitely recommend a pc3 no matter what pipe or intake you decide to go with. they're the most tunable programmers out there so whatever other performance mods you do to your kfx, you can get a custom tune through your pc3. just my .02

·
Registered
122 Posts
I definately reccomend the dasa exhaust. I also have a fully built motor by dasa, but their exhaust would be a great start. I really wouldn't recomend the looney tuned exhaust. As mentioned above the big three are a great start for someone like you that is looking to get into it. I added a link to a thread of my bike also. You can get some ideas on stuff to change by looking at it. It is fully built race bike. I could sit here an dgo on and on about what to get. I wouldn't get real crazy with suspension until you race it a few times to make sur eit is something you will wanna stick with it. Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions.

Here is the link: http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/index.p...ic=3690&hl=

1 - 3 of 3 Posts