Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you race your KFX450 on the dragstrip. I know most on here are MX and GNCC racers but I was just wanting to see what times you guys are gettting with what mods. 300 ft sand or 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile asphalt. Also any turboed kfx450's out there. YFZ450's are big on drags (just sold mine for a profit and building a new quad) and a few Kawasaki's and Suzuki's. Hey if you have also Suzuki let me know your same info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm dragging mine. 300 ft. only. Just running with bolt on's at this point. I have only run on track that had a time display and was running about a 6.2-6.3. This particular track was the worst one I have run on yet. It was a mix of clay and dirt, and was poorly groomed. Very bad traction, even running 4-snows. Can't run stock class because of the pipe, and most I'm running against have internals. Haven't done really well yet, but I have plans for some more mods.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (stgpainter @ Sep 18 2008, 08:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12081
I'm dragging mine. 300 ft. only. Just running with bolt on's at this point. I have only run on track that had a time display and was running about a 6.2-6.3. This particular track was the worst one I have run on yet. It was a mix of clay and dirt, and was poorly groomed. Very bad traction, even running 4-snows. Can't run stock class because of the pipe, and most I'm running against have internals. Haven't done really well yet, but I have plans for some more mods.
My best time is 5.17 ----- I run an average of 5.3 in 300ft
Hope to get in the 4's next year

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only race mine at the dunes, and the only one that gives me trouble is the YFZ. They always get me right at the end of the race. TRX's, LT-R's & Craptors(660) seem to be no problem at all. Honda being the easest to beat. 700 Craptors catch me in the end also. I dont care thow all the watchers are at the beginning and the middle of the track. Its crazy how many people start in 1st gear. None of them relize 2nd is the way to start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
B)-->
<div class='quotemain'>

[/quote]

What kind of track are you running on? Dirt, sand, etc. Your times seem really good. My last race I changed front to a 15 tooth. I think it helped. I ran pretty consistent 5.9's. The really fast 450's ran (plus or minus a little) right around 5.0. These guys have a lot of internal work done. Have you had any done to yours?

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (stgpainter @ Oct 27 2008, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13406
--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff B @ Oct 22 2008, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12939
<div class='quotemain'>

What kind of track are you running on? Dirt, sand, etc. Your times seem really good. My last race I changed front to a 15 tooth. I think it helped. I ran pretty consistent 5.9's. The really fast 450's ran (plus or minus a little) right around 5.0. These guys have a lot of internal work done. Have you had any done to yours?[/quote]
The track is a dirt sand mix....more dirt than sand. I can't keep the front down with my paddles so I run my 4snow's. Next year I will have a swingarm so I will be able to use my paddles.
I start in 2nd and run 14/38,14/37,or 14/36 depending on track conditions.
I run the big 3 and port/polish,13.5:1 piston,and dirt bike cams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts