Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

I do a lot of trails, hill climbings etc, etc... but I want to replace the existing sprocket combination 14-38, to make shifts shorter and rev up faster for hill climbings Actually I have a 15T front sprocket (not installed yet) but I need to get rear, 36 or 37t, Can anyone help with this desicion.

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the 34t rear and it works great for me with the stock front. I know others have used 15t front and 36 rear. You will have to do some searching to see their posts. I dont remember what their results were.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now I'm just making sure. You said you want shorter shifts and want to rev up faster, wouldn't you need to increase the gear ratio? Not decrease it? Going from a stock 2.71 (14/38) ratio to a 2.92 (13/38) would give you shorter shifts and rev like crazy..

Larry

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (jorge64 @ Jan 14 2008, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5337
Hi Guys:

I do a lot of trails, hill climbings etc, etc... but I want to replace the existing sprocket combination 14-38, to make shifts shorter and rev up faster for hill climbings Actually I have a 15T front sprocket (not installed yet) but I need to get rear, 36 or 37t, Can anyone help with this desicion.

Thanks

This is the gears I have been running on my kfx 14 tooth and 37 tooth it works great for all around riding
I ride in oregon most of the time at Windchester bay dunes, I have a web cam dasa exhaust and a custom intake and a 44mm throttle body and it rips on the best of the quads. I have found the 14-36 is too tall for the hill climbs. for a mild stock engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts