Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told there is a solution for this hot start problem I'm sure were all having on our '08 450"s. I live in Las Vegas and after about 20 minutes of riding and I stop the bike its really hard to start. I was told some with the trottle can be adjusted to help w/ this....

please help b4 i run this thing off a cliff !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (vegasbuckeye @ Aug 10 2008, 04:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10973
I was told there is a solution for this hot start problem I'm sure were all having on our '08 450"s. I live in Las Vegas and after about 20 minutes of riding and I stop the bike its really hard to start. I was told some with the trottle can be adjusted to help w/ this....

when i got mine it was used, and exactly 1 year old. but it only had about 6 hours total run time on the quad. it was hard to start, and i was in the same boat as you. this was a new quad, FUEL INJECTED, and still hard to start. once i had to get me son and one of his friends to push start it. i was furious. i finally had to adjust the fuel enricher knob(choke) on the thing. it now has about 22 hours on it and it starts a lot better. also make sure that you do not touch the throttle when you are starting it. it has a safety that kills it if it sees the throttle open. i was told buy a dealer tech, that if it did not have this feature that if and when it started and you were holding the throttle that it would trash the starter clutch assembly. hope this helps, and good luck. GOD BLESS

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (vegasbuckeye @ Aug 10 2008, 05:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10973

How many hours are on the bike? Have you checked you valve clearance yet? If the valve clearance gets to far out of spec's if will be hard to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (vegasbuckeye @ Aug 10 2008, 04:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10973

I just bought a 09 450 and it has no problems so it must be that years set up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts