Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (eric223 @ Aug 23 2008, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11296
i want more top end do i want to go with more or less teeth on front and back sprocks how does that work
Do a seach on "gears" or "gearing" you can go with a 15 up front (clearly less expensive than the rear sprocket) and drop the rear...theres varied configs but the 34 or 36 in the back seems to run well with the 15 up front...Hopefully you've upgraded you intake, exhaust and added a pciii otherwise youll struggle in the high gears stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 23 2008, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11297
Do a seach on "gears" or "gearing" you can go with a 15 up front (clearly less expensive than the rear sprocket) and drop the rear...theres varied configs but the 34 or 36 in the back seems to run well with the 15 up front...Hopefully you've upgraded you intake, exhaust and added a pciii otherwise youll struggle in the high gears stock
im going with the dasa13" can mid and header pc3 and the fci intake

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a PM from you. Dont know what you were referring to but heres some info.

I have gone with a 15 tooth front sprocket and it works good, any kx450 one will work great but the 15 tooth is too close to the engine for my taste. SO I went to a 34 tooth rear at first and a 15 tooth front and hit 83mph with a garmin gps. You wont do good stock. I have an ESR exhaust, crower cam, ehs lid, uni filter, gearing and power commander running E85 fuel. I then dropped the 15 tooth front and 34 rear and went to a 36 rear that was designed to go with a honda 450r. Its a perfect fit but you need special bolts. They need to be sunk heads with the right size shaft.

I have been running this for a long time. Its great. You have the power to do what you want and still do about 75mph. I dont have an exact gps number for you right now but I can come up with it soon.

Anything else pm me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts