Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay firstly im making this for a friend im totally fine with my kawi, and yes i know at first glance anyone would say that riding is all rider and i couldnt agree more but ive got a friend whos a really good rider and has pretty much beat every other 450 there is from early 04's up to late 08's (some built some not, and the kfx s/o, filter, and gearing with programmer) but this one dude that we both know beat him on a ktm about a week ago and this guy blows at riding it was clearly all machine, and hes really thinkin of getting rid of the kfx for a ktm but i told him it would be cheaper to build the kfx up but hes all like "what if (that guy) fixes the ktm up then what?", and i was like...."ill go on the internet and see" so here i am, so what all would you need to make the kfx top dog? would big3 and say new front end w/ rebuilt shocks? this is the idea im throwin out...or would it be cheaper to trade?

thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn if I could sell the KFX and get a KTM 450 sx version I would. It's more money MSRP vs MSRP but its a damn nice quad.

I know there is one member that has both a KFX and KTM (xc version). Hopefully he will chime in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i myself would like to have a 525xc then buy a 450 motor, but i wouldnt get rid of my kfx for it, like i said i got a friend who even went to a dealer (i went too) and the price they gave him was like $9500 then $4900 trade in and i couldnt help but say fuuu** you dude till i remembered i wasnt the one looking (its almost like dealers try to pi*s you off sometimes) and i just said it would be cheaper to mod but were not exactly sure what all you would need thopugth so thats why im here..

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your friend is looking to build a drag machine I can say that building your quad to run
on alcohol is pretty darn hard to beat, my buddies old Banshee was pretty much unbeatable
back in the day, good luck, all matters just far you want to push and spend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an acquaitence that raced for KTM. They gave him 2 KTM 450's fully loaded, one for practice one to race. After 5 races he went back to his Honda 450R because he broke both KTM frames 3 times. I think KTM has a great engine but sounds like they need to do a little work on their frames.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no idea what parts he runs. I do know that he runs top of the line Elka all the way around. But he has a brand new KTM 450 setting in his basement that he has no intention in ever riding it again. Last I heard he was going to sell it, who knows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea I have heard the ktm's have great motors but the durability of everything else is crap. Race him in the woods and see if the ktm can hold up lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts