Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not going to bash the design of the power commander. But for anyone who has put one on there bikes knows the one bad flaw on the pc3. The little red splice clip on the wire. I was out for practice one morning and the bike kept cutting out on me. So as usual i went back to the pits to fix the usual problems with tps. Turns out the little splice was starting to cut through the wire. I didnt have enough extra wire on the plug side and had to rig up a ghetto plug system so that the wire would still work. I am trying to get my hands on automotive type connecters to be able to plug into the harness then into the tps sensor. like a three way plug. just lettin anyone no to watch out for this.

jay lew
aka
quad god
not

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (jason lewis @ Jan 7 2009, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15523
Im not going to bash the design of the power commander. But for anyone who has put one on there bikes knows the one bad flaw on the pc3. The little red splice clip on the wire. I was out for practice one morning and the bike kept cutting out on me. So as usual i went back to the pits to fix the usual problems with tps. Turns out the little splice was starting to cut through the wire. I didnt have enough extra wire on the plug side and had to rig up a ghetto plug system so that the wire would still work. I am trying to get my hands on automotive type connecters to be able to plug into the harness then into the tps sensor. like a three way plug. just lettin anyone no to watch out for this.

jay lew
aka
quad god
not
that sucks i think this was an issue w/ mine i took it out for now i thought maybe it had gotten wet but have been told to check this connection!the bike was running good for a half hour then wouldnt run it kept boggn out and stallin!im gonna solder the wires together to avoid any future problems!

·
Registered
285 Posts
ive been saying that for a while....always solder in the connections

there are many other model pc3's that have plug and play connectors....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts