Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into buying a new kfx 450. Some people tell me it's faster then the yfz and trx 450 and others say the kaw is the slowest 450. I want to find out for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
seriously dont start a topic like this. Ill give you a good example. My stock KFX kept up with a LTR with cherry bomb and HMF exhaust.

But these 450's are no better then eachother. Like KFX pulls ahead first because of the crazy torque, but LTR beats it in turns because of widtth. It ALL comes down to preferance. If you Had the same rider take every stock 450 and do a certain track with it, I beleive all the times would be very similar to eachother.

But just for a hint into the KFX direction. If you plan on just riding trails and not going to crazy with track and stuff(like me) Get this. Its not too wide to get through trails it has the torque to pull you out and the speed for whenever you wanna hit it. REverse if you get stuck and fuelinjection for easy starting and no bogging.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Mar 30 2008, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7749
seriously dont start a topic like this. Ill give you a good example. My stock KFX kept up with a LTR with cherry bomb and HMF exhaust.

But these 450's are no better then eachother. Like KFX pulls ahead first because of the crazy torque, but LTR beats it in turns because of widtth. It ALL comes down to preferance. If you Had the same rider take every stock 450 and do a certain track with it, I beleive all the times would be very similar to eachother.

But just for a hint into the KFX direction. If you plan on just riding trails and not going to crazy with track and stuff(like me) Get this. Its not too wide to get through trails it has the torque to pull you out and the speed for whenever you wanna hit it. REverse if you get stuck and fuelinjection for easy starting and no bogging.
Your right. All of the 450's are great machines. Depending on what your preferences may be and how you ride will determine what model is best for you. I ride motocross with LTR's, TRX's, and YFZ's. A couple buddies of mine have cams and port work and will beat me in a drag race but I still beat them on the mx track by atleast 6-8 seconds with a stock motor and airbox only cuz I know how to ride better than they can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts