Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to here, and don't know much. Im looking into the sport quads. Right now I got a big slow utility quad, I wana dump it soon.
So lately I have been looking into the Kfx450s.
I've found quite a few good deals on ebay.
I have a few questions about them.
1. Is there any major problems with them? Engine failure?
2. How do they handle, ride, jump, wheelie?
3. I hear thre slow compared to YFZ's, TRX's, and LTR's. Is that true?

I'm not looking to be racing, hardcore jumping, or beating on it hard.
I'm looking for a quick, very reliable ATV that can withstand most of what I throw at it.
I'm into trail riding, hillclimbing, and wheelies. Would a kfx450 suit my wants?

Help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank you guys!

Phil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (kfx450rriders @ Nov 23 2008, 02:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14974
I'm not looking to be racing, hardcore jumping, or beating on it hard.
I'm looking for a quick, very reliable ATV that can withstand most of what I throw at it.
I'm into trail riding, hillclimbing, and wheelies. Would a kfx450 suit my wants?

Help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank you guys!

Phil.
Get a Raptor 700r

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went from a Raptor 700 to the KFX450.

It's a very quick machine, but not "fast". It's not geared for top speed. If I had to guess how a drag race between the 700 and the 450 would go i'd say the 450 off the line, up to about 45mph and then the 700 would take it.

The 700 feels real big, which was something I never cared for. I did like the 660 I had before. The 450 feels tiny compared to both but handles very well.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Another consideration for me between the rappy and the kawi was weight..I think the kawi is about 50lbs less than the rappy...that's big for me because i'm in the desert and the bumps here are everywhere and the extra weight would be of no help there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The kfx is going to be a better bike. for so many reasons it has a better more advanced fuel system the frame is stronger and handels better it wont rust the lights work better it has better power delivery. it has better prouduct support and a better resale vaule just a few reasons

1 - 10 of 10 Posts