Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The guy that rides for the same dealer I do put a kicker in his bike and ended up going back to electric. The thing about these bikes is your not loosing much weight by going to kick start because you still need the battery to power the fuel injection and electronics for start up. As far as installation I don't think it was hard, just pulling the side case and installing the kit you can get from Kawi. The new 09 450 bike has all the same electronics and fuel injection but starts off a kicker and has no battery. They did this with an AC generator on the crank shaft and hopefully they will incorporate this into quads eventually.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a kick start for the back up in case the battery dies. But i wouldn't want to get rid of the electric start for just a few pounds. I would go with both.

For the kick start I believe is 300 bucks or so. You can get one on ebay or from Kawasaki.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.