Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if u change to kx cams can u use the kfx gears and hardware ? i found some new for $236.01 for the set . no gears or shims most the places ive seen around $300 . thought its a pretty good deal . how much has everbody been paying for them ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
236 is a good deal to buy from a company. Cost on them is alot less then that if you can get a hook up. You use stock gear and stuff from the exhaust cam. Intake cam has gear already. And you prob wont need to reshim if your bike was already in good specs prior.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16349
236 is a good deal to buy from a company. Cost on them is alot less then that if you can get a hook up. You use stock gear and stuff from the exhaust cam. Intake cam has gear already. And you prob wont need to reshim if your bike was already in good specs prior.
Thanks walshy ! They were at cheapcycleparts.com thought it was pretty good deal I was looking for tranny parts n seen the gears were $45 each n the case wasn't but $290 someting and started checking other stuff . They are the cheapest place I've found for kfx oem parts I've found and thought I'd pass it along .

·
Registered
148 Posts
good find. cases are 330 at most places. Jump on those cams. you wont be disappointed eaither. best bang for the buck there and if there any troubles along the way post a topic or PM me

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man . Was just hopeing to save afew or us acouple bucks . Kawi sure as hell won't help us . We gota stick together . My motors down till after pell city race when mec gets home are they that big a gain ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
maybe a hp or 2. it revs a little longer and smoother from what i noticed. but i also had a head and other stuff done same time as installing. but rumor has it about 2hp from them

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a pretty good gain ! If I can do it before it gets back together I will . It's not a major job with the engine in is it ? I'm going to polish my head while it's down and add a programmer n intake . That stock tube is horriable !! Also going to polish the tb and already fixed the problems with my pipe and polished the inside of it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts